What's new

Anybody like Schick ST2 slim or Gillette disposable?

For travelling, do any of you guys take disposables? The Slim Twin from Schick seems to be nice for tougher areas.
And the Sensor 2 disposable looks like a Trac-II clone. I'm not sure how it would differ from regular Trac 2

Anyone do multiple passes with disposables?

I've used both at one time or another for travelling. Since then, I've moved on to using Bic Sensitives and a Mach 3 in my travel bag.

I used Gillette Good News Plus disposables for years.
I found they worked best for me in the shower, with the constant stream to help keep the blades clear.

The Schick ST2 also seems nice because it has push-button cleaning to stop the clogging.

I'm not sure how loing they stay sharp. I sometimes consider disposables to be "weekend razors"

I first shaved, as a fuzz-faced teen, with a blue Gillette Good News disposable razor, after which I felt neither peachy nor good. :w00t:

**SARCASM WARNING** But, they had no lube strip, then.

I used to use the Schick Slim Twins as my main razors , like 10 years ago...

For me they did a great job and were quite comfortable... hardly ever got nicked. I got 10 shaves apiece or so.

Shaped as they are, they're great for spots like under the nose. If their quality is still the same, then I highly recommend them.

Schick ST2 is a nice razor, in combination with a brush and a cream works great. It has some sort of button that uncloggs the razor, and grip is great.
If only there is a cartridge version

Last edited:
I have used both. The Gillette good news is the superior razor. I wanted to see the limit of a Gillette and found it to be 18 shaves using WTG and ATG technique. 10 comfortable and close shaves. 5 semi-comfortable close shaves. and 3 shaves from hell. The Schick st2 gives about 6 shaves with the first four being close and comfortable and the last two its drags and pulls a lot. The st2 used to be available at Walmart as a Wilkinson Sword and I believe they were made in Germany. The blades lasted forever or so it seemed. They are no longer available in the US at stores. The st2 Schick used to be called the slim twin, had a blue handle, and were a much sharper and longer lasting. I believe they were also German made. The green ones today are Mexican made. With all my disposables and carts, I dry them after a shave and store them in baby oil. I think that extends the life.

Gillette has done some re-branding.

They are using the "Sensor" name on their lower end disposables, replacing "Trac". Nothing to do with the old pivoting Sensors, Sensor Excels, etc. I think the "good news" branding was a version of the "trac".

I think the Gillette ST2 is the best of the fixed head "twins" and makes a great air-travel razor.

The Schick ST2 is a good razor, but it takes some practice to use it right. The sensor was called good news when it was released in 1978, and the Trac II came out in late 1971. They were giving them away free to students at my University and I still have and use mine. Trac II carts were 30 cents each and God news were 25 cents each or 65 cents in a three pack if memory serves me. The blades were identical and gave the same number of shaves. With Trac II carts now $16.50 at Walmart for 10 and Sensor (Good News) are $7.95 for 12 I doubt that is still the case. It is still one on the best disposables for twin blade guys.

Top Bottom