What's new

Which Sythentic?

I need a small brush which I can use for travel. I am debating between a Maggard's 22mm, a RazoRock Disruptor 22mm, and the Fine 20mm Angel Hair. Thoughts?

I would personally choose a Maggard or Razorock brush. The Fine brush has a nice soft knot, but the handle came apart after a few uses. I have a 24mm Maggard and a 24mm RR Plissoft and really like them both. I'd pick whichever handle you like the best.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
If you want a small brush, the original Plisson L'Occitane is a wonderful travel brush. I also use the Kent Infiniti Silvertex as a travel brush. I would try one of the new smaller Razorock brushes myself, but I really do have enough brushes. I have several of their 24 mm brushes and larger sizes and they are wonderful. No reason that the smaller ones would be any different. I think 24 mm is just a tad too large for my travel case. 20 mm is perfect. Good luck in your search.

May I humbly suggest the Simpson Classic 1 Synthetic? It comes with a travel tube included in the purchase price.
I purchased one approximately a year ago after a disastrous trial of the Kent Infinity Silvertex and fell in love with synthetic as a result. The C1S now is my dedicated travel brush while a pair of Chubby 2 Synths have become my daily drivers.

I have the Razorock Bruce 24 mm and it is an amazing brush so I would think the Disruptor would also be phenomenal! Also, Muhle/Edwin Jagger 19mm STF works great for travel. For value I would go with the Razorock.

I just ordered two Razorock Plissoft brushes for my wife and daughter. I will try to get their opinion on them when they get here.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
My favorite is my Wolf Wiskers with the original Nathan Clarke Ubersoft knot. I am actually not that stoned with my Razorock Bruce by comparison, neither in the handle or the knot. Not sure how easy it'd be to find one of these now, though.

The Razorock Bruce is a good choice too.
You may also want to consider the Omega S10065, it has a great backbone for face lathering and is a lather monster.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Don't you hate it when you ask about three products in a post and someone suggests a fourth that's not even on your list?

So I have not tried your three, but I use the WD synthetic for travel. It was cheap and works well.

Don't you hate it when you ask about three products in a post and someone suggests a fourth that's not even on your list?

So I have not tried your three, but I use the WD synthetic for travel. It was cheap and works well.

HA. I appreciate any help! But I limited the question to just those few brushes because I am not in a position to spend more than $15 on a brush. Perhaps I'll be able to snag a nicer brush later. I've heard only good things about Whipped Dog, we shall see.

HA. I appreciate any help! But I limited the question to just those few brushes because I am not in a position to spend more than $15 on a brush. Perhaps I'll be able to snag a nicer brush later. I've heard only good things about Whipped Dog, we shall see.
If you're on a budget and a face latherer, you cannot go wrong with the s 10065. I bought it off the bay only because it was dirt cheap but find myself instinctively reaching out for it more than my Omega pro 49, 10018 and the Razorock Bruce.

Takes a couple of shaves to break in and demands a slightly different technique than most of us are used too. But those are inconsequential quibbles considering the price.

I would go with the RazoRock 22mm. I assume it's using the plissoft knot? It really is a great knot for the money and synthetic is the way to go if your traveling on the run for business and the like, less maintenance, less hassle.

I am partial to RazoRock because it is what I have. Both the 24mm and the 26mm Monster serve me well. Plus, Italian Barber is a B&B vendor.

I was using a Muhle synthetic Silvertip v2 23mm brush daily with great results until I bought a New Simpson Classic Badger brush, a Duke 3Best & got spoiled. Then I rotated mostly between a WD Silvertip 22mm brush drilled 10mm deeper for backbone & the Simpson brush.
Badgers are mean critters but I love their fur for brushes!

Top Bottom