What's new

Blue Bell Ice Cream

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's fun to slit open real vanilla bean pods and put the contents -- a concentrated load of specks -- into ice cream base.
I haven't used my little home machine in too long.

I have been wanting to buy one, but then I would just get fatter. I don't have much of a sweet tooth- ice cream, though, is my kryptonite.

so............I am wrong?

No. Not wrong. But it's a very different situation than the 2015 recall. The entire production stopped for a very long (and depressing) time. This only effects products using the cookie dough from a third party supplier, from a single plant. In general, Blue Bell can still be found and is safe to eat.

Tin Roof.... That will live in the Blue Bell history books. The new formula is Moolenium Crunch. Not sure why it was changed several decades ago.

I have visited their Plant here in Texas and lover their ice cream but have stopeed buying it due to a health concern, it's exceptionally good but don't want to take chances.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Blue Bell is great stuff. I grew up on it, and it's still my go to ice cream from the supermarket. However, the freakish, cult treatment it receives is beyond unwarranted.

Yeah, we just make our own. With two teenagers in the house, we don't have to worry about it sticking around long enough to affect my waistline.

Penn State's Creamery is a perennial favorite among ice cream fans. I really should go there sometime. I know of a relatively local place that uses it, but they don't have all of the flavors.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This has gotten me to want to pick up an old hand crank ice cream maker and a big bag of rock salt.

Penn State's Creamery is a perennial favorite among ice cream fans. I really should go there sometime. I know of a relatively local place that uses it, but they don't have all of the flavors.

The best ice cream I have ever had. It is always fresh.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Blue Bell. Sure it was good, but the way people rave about it, I was expecting great. YMMV of course. I tend to favor Ben & Jerry's, Killwins, Howling Cow(ice cream from NCSU's creamery), and Chuck & Buck.

Never had and prob wont buy blue bell because of that recall and videos of their operation.
However i have fallen in love with blue bunny. They make a caramel praline frozen yogurt that is wonderful. [emoji511][emoji511][emoji511][emoji511][emoji511]

I've had it and it doesn't do much for me. Not because of health concerns but it just didn't push my buttons. Growing up in Massachusetts, I'm a fan of Friendly's ice cream. Though it's not widely available nationwide. But @August west Tony should be able to find it in NY.

I've had it and it doesn't do much for me. Not because of health concerns but it just didn't push my buttons. Growing up in Massachusetts, I'm a fan of Friendly's ice cream. Though it's not widely available nationwide. But @August west Tony should be able to find it in NY.

Friendly's is pretty darn good stuff.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

You're probably as far from Penn State as I am.

I'm spoiled. My daughter's university has their own ice cream plant, and it's phenomenal.

proxy.php
NC State Creamery.

Attachments

• $12507405_10153658253168387_3910798540038214941_n.jpg
    $12507405_10153658253168387_3910798540038214941_n.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom