What's new

Coconut shaving cream for leg lathering for my wife

My wife is looking for a new shaving cream that is coconut scented. She is still using cartridges, but is open to the idea of trying shaving soaps or creams. One step at a time. :biggrin1: I searched around for some ideas for shaving creams on the ladies posts here, but didn't come up with any substantial ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions for shaving creams or soft soaps that would work well in the shower and have a great scent for women? She loves coconut, so that is definitely at the top of the list.

Oh, and I realized I posted this in the Newbie forum. Let me know if this should be posted in the general shavsing area instead of here. Thanks.

George F Trumper Coconut Oil. Not only does it have a great coconut smell but the skin feel afterwards is awesome. It's one of only 2 creams I even bother with anymore now that I prefer soaps. You can try a sample from Maggard's since it's a little pricey, but I get the feeling she's gonna love it.

hands down, Trumpers coconut.

full
&original=1[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definitely take a look at Trumper coconut oil. I may also try TOBS, just because I want to try it anyway. My wife is also thinking about getting into SE or DE razors as well, so she may end up being all in.

I will definitely take a look at Trumper coconut oil. I may also try TOBS, just because I want to try it anyway. My wife is also thinking about getting into SE or DE razors as well, so she may end up being all in.

GFT is way, way better in terms of scent and also performance.

+1 for GFT. Great stuff.

George F Trumper Coconut Oil. Not only does it have a great coconut smell but the skin feel afterwards is awesome. It's one of only 2 creams I even bother with anymore now that I prefer soaps. You can try a sample from Maggard's since it's a little pricey, but I get the feeling she's gonna love it.

Oh, now I have to look at another one. I may see if I can get her both a DE or SE razor and a couple of creams. She is worth getting the best. I am hoping one of the ladies can recommend a razor as well.

+1 on the GFT Coconut Oil Cream. Incredible stuff!
+1 on the EJ razors for ladies. SWMBO has one, along with the Lady Gillette that I found for her and loves it.

+1 on the EJ... SWMBO loves hers... and I know you wanted Coconut but mine won't let me even come close to her TOBS Rose :laugh: Just something to consider...

Good luck on converting!!

+1 on the EJ... SWMBO loves hers... and I know you wanted Coconut but mine won't let me even come close to her TOBS Rose [emoji23] Just something to consider...

Good luck on converting!!
Thanks, Quink. I will take a look at the rose, but she is pretty well set on coconut.

Just want to say thanks for the suggestions. My wife stole one of my soaps this morning to try out (COL Conk's Lime) and liked it far better than canned goo. She sounded set on dumping the can. A DE will be ordered this morning for her. I am much faster to spend funds on things for her than for me, so she will have everything she needs.

Just want to say thanks for the suggestions. My wife stole one of my soaps this morning to try out (COL Conk's Lime) and liked it far better than canned goo. She sounded set on dumping the can. A DE will be ordered this morning for her. I am much faster to spend funds on things for her than for me, so she will have everything she needs.

that's one smart guy!

OK, so it turns out that my wife used my Captain's lime. Guess I have lost that battle. She absolutely loves it. However, that means I will have to get more. That means Ouch may be right ... I am going to spend more on wet shaving than I intended.

Top Bottom