What's new

It's heeeerrrreee!!!

Well gentleman it finally arrived. My first kit. The day that I finally say no thanks to big cartridge companies! No more stealing my money. Lol. Ok enough theatrics. Quick question, out of the 3 sample blade packs, which would you guys recommend for a first time wet shave? Does it matter?

proxy.php

Side note. The razor is really heavy. I didn't expect that. [emoji123]

~ When in doubt...Post it in
Badger&Blade ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Exciting, isn't it?

Rockwell, Astra, Gillette(and it does not really matter).

Enjoy!

Whichever blade you choose I would stick with it for awhile. It is not good to change too many variables when starting out.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I will post first shave updates and pics! And [MENTION=72888]August[/MENTION]west your right. EXCITED!

Badger&Blade ~

May the excitement keep on getting better and better !
Nice stuff. Toss a coin and pick a blade. Have fun !

Quick question, out of the 3 sample blade packs, which would you guys recommend for a first time wet shave? Does it matter?
No, but I know the feeling. I had to pick one out of six blade types in a sampler pack.

The brush looks nice. Let us know how that goes.

Oh, and I like your faucet handle there on the left. A nice bit of Streamline Moderne styling and it goes nicely with the white basin and tiles behind it. Is the handle vintage or new?

Nice gear :thumbup1:. Pick a blade, any blade, but I suggest using the whole pack before trying another. This allows you to learn the blade, and refine your technique efficiently. Enjoy your shaves!

No, but I know the feeling. I had to pick one out of six blade types in a sampler pack.

The brush looks nice. Let us know how that goes.

Oh, and I like your faucet handle there on the left. A nice bit of Streamline Moderne styling and it goes nicely with the white basin and tiles behind it. Is the handle vintage or new?
Lol. I thought the first comment not having to do with shaving was going to be on the ninja turtle toothbrush in the background.

Badger&Blade ~

Very nice. Of the three blades, the only one I don't like is the Rockwell. But blades are a personal preference so judge them on your own.

The razor is really heavy. I didn't expect that

And that's a good thing. Let the weight of the razor do the work. Don't press it to your face just hold it against your face and let the razor "fall" downwards. Your hand should be just guiding it not pushing it.

It really doesn't matter which of those razor blades you try out first. As a general point you just can't go wrong with Astras. Irrespective of which blades you choose to start with. A handy tip is to flip them over after two shaves - that way you're using the two unused cutting surfaces after two shaves.

And that's a good thing. Let the weight of the razor do the work. Don't press it to your face just hold it against your face and let the razor "fall" downwards. Your hand should be just guiding it not pushing it.

It really doesn't matter which of those razor blades you try out first. As a general point you just can't go wrong with Astras. Irrespective of which blades you choose to start with. A handy tip is to flip them over after two shaves - that way you're using the two unused cutting surfaces after two shaves.
Thanks! Great tips.

Badger&Blade ~

Nice kit and enjoy your shaves! I'mstill working through various DE blades from a large order from tryablade.com and winning the weekly blade pif for lurkers when I started. Don't be afraid to re-visit blades you don't like at first after you've improved. Also if you end up with more than one razor as many folks who join B&B do.. you may notice blades you've used already perform differently in those razors. So get your technique down with as few variables as possible then have fun experimenting with all the various ADs.
:shaving:

Nice kit and enjoy your shaves! I'mstill working through various DE blades from a large order from tryablade.com and winning the weekly blade pif for lurkers when I started. Don't be afraid to re-visit blades you don't like at first after you've improved. Also if you end up with more than one razor as many folks who join B&B do.. you may notice blades you've used already perform differently in those razors. So get your technique down with as few variables as possible then have fun experimenting with all the various ADs.
:shaving:
Lol. AD's. I had to look that one up

Badger&Blade ~

Last edited:
First shave in the books. Right side of face seems closer shave then left. A few nicks. Most important though. First DE shave under my belt. Wasn't as "hard" as I thought it would be but I have A LOT of technique to learn before a BBS is achieved. I would barely call this first try SAS. So here starts the adventure.....
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Badger&Blade ~

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I like heavy razors. I heavy (for the size) razor means I have less temptation to apply pressure, and I just allow the blade to do its job. What blade did you go with?

Top Bottom