What's new

I Blame Mr Ouch

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't care what those barbarians in the mod forum say- pipes are better than cigars.

I don't care what those barbarians in the mod forum say- pipes are better than cigars.

I'm starting to agree with you. Since getting a pipe wednesday, I've had no desire for a cigar. That may change, of course, but it's how I feel today. Plus, I got a brand new JetLine lighter w/gizmos on it. :001_smile
$IMG_1755.jpg

ouch

I'd suggest trying a variety of latakia blends and plenty of straight Virginias.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I like 'em both, very much (probably too much). However, if I had to give up one, I'd drop cigars so fast, you'd hear a sonic boom.

This isn't all that makes the difference, but one thing is that I can enjoy a pipe even while not smoking it.

Cigars are kind of like choosing which girl you want to go out with each time, but you just meet her at the place. With pipes, you also get to pick out which of your many fun and exciting cars you drive to go pick her up. No contest.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
By the way, I'm pretty sure that Ouch is a bad influence even on himself (but don't we all want to be that way?)

ouch

By the way, I'm pretty sure that Ouch is a bad influence even on himself (but don't we all want to be that way?)

Of all the people I've been a bad influence to, none has suffered so much as myself.

Attachments

• $attachment.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 89
  • $attachment1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 88
Wait until you say 150 but instead of grams it's pounds.

Trust me, it'll happen and you'll still buy more when the thought pops in your head that one day that one tobacco goes the way of extinction like so many amazing blends do.

Well, I did say "now"! Besides, I've got almost 150gm of tobacco to enjoy.

Been enjoying the SG Skiff for two weeks now. For the last two evenings I've let the tobacco air for about an hour before smoking, instead of 30 minutes or so. What a difference it's made! The flavors I've enjoyed are ones I hadn't tasted before. Amazing. I have enough left for one final bowl tomorrow, then I'll move on to the next flavor, either McClelland's Original Cavendish or Dunhill Early Morning. I'm thinking Cavendish.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Been enjoying the SG Skiff for two weeks now. For the last two evenings I've let the tobacco air for about an hour before smoking, instead of 30 minutes or so. What a difference it's made! The flavors I've enjoyed are ones I hadn't tasted before. Amazing. I have enough left for one final bowl tomorrow, then I'll move on to the next flavor, either McClelland's Original Cavendish or Dunhill Early Morning. I'm thinking Cavendish.
Yep, SG tobaccos can be wet. It is hard to tell people how long to dry, you just have to get a feel for it. It sounds like you figured Skiff out. It is a very nice blend.

ouch

I once used some SG Full Virginia Flake to plug a radiator leak. Made it all the way from Salt Lake City to Vegas. :thumbup1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I once used some SG Full Virginia Flake to plug a radiator leak. Made it all the way from Salt Lake City to Vegas. :thumbup1:
I once used Black XX to tar a roof. At least that is what it felt like when I smoked it.

Finished the Sam Galwith Skiff this evening. Good to the last crumb. And this bag arrived today. Holds all I need it to. $IMG_1759.jpg

Top Bottom