What's new

Silly Socks

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Socks can be fun. Mostly nobody looks at them. Do you get a kick out of silly socks?

$Socks.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
All my socks are far too serious. I wear white crew socks in the work boots, and white ankle socks every where else. In fact, I don't even think I have a pair of black socks anymore. Maybe I should look for some socks that don't take themselves quite so seriously :biggrin:

My mother knitted some socks similar to those for my nieces. The yarn changes colour every couple of feet so you don't have to be changing yarns. It gives a different result than variegated yarn.
The toes and heels on hers were striped, not solid.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
This will probably go against the others. But...

I wear boots and my socks don't need to match.

Yes, I wear cycling socks everyday that are fun! Aliens, tequila worms, Sasquatch, Eagles drinking beer, chile peppers, skeletons, sugar skulls. Etc......

Last edited:
I'm an old fart, but I find the "silly sock" trend in a formal work environment like mine (legal) very annoying and unprofessional.

My raison d'etre buys me highly colorful socks each year. I enjoy them greatly.
Today, a pair of black chinese peacock socks festooned with a gold and tan feather pattern.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Socks can be fun. Mostly nobody looks at them. Do you get a kick out of silly socks?

View attachment 689959

Mike, I put a lot of attention when buying my socks and everybody looks at them. The reason is that I always wear chinos or dress pants that are "tight and short". Therefore, there is a little gap between shoes and trousers and socks are clearly visible. I also must admit that I love to match colours, but my socks are never overly extravagant.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I do and I have many wild colorful socks! 100% of the ladies like them, 99% of my male colleagues and friends do not - guess what, I like the female opinion 100% better!

In the history of our species, when have men ever done anything for the sake of what other men think? :laugh:

I haven't worn shoes or socks for over two years. My natural colored socks come from flip flops when I was take them off.

$IMG_0692.jpgI like bright and bold socks, I am not keen on cartoon characters etc., around my feet so I won't wear "silly" ones, but these are OK. I have worn them to the office as well, a flash of colour at the bottom of grey or blue sober work trousers looks fine.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hi Owen,

No, it's Singapore Airlines' Business Class on a 777-300 ER, but I see where you are coming from!

Cheers Richard
Thanks. There is no way I could sleep in one of those capsule hotels, but that is a whole lot of roomfor flying.

I wear printed socks on casual Friday's sometimes. Mostly animal printed & Argyle Schnauzers, Crabs, & a bunch of different argyle prints.

Im thinking about picking up a pair of Cardinal red socks handmade in Italy originally for the Vatican clergy. They're not too too pricey, if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom