What's new

Stuck Regal Dr. Grabow Adjustomatic

Ok [MENTION=63927]alpster[/MENTION] I've tried food grade mineral oil and several freeze thaw cycles with no luck. So I'll send it to you. I'll send a PM shortly for address.
Thanks Everyone!

Pipe is fixed. I had to heat the vulacnite until it turned loose from the treads, then unscrewed it with a pipe wrench. The corroded stinger broke off and I had to drill it out. Cleaned up the threads with a Dremel brush and put it back together. The "ajustomatic" still works. The stinger is gone, but you don't need it. I will finish giving it a good cleaning and send it back to Frank. There's still a lot of bowls to be smoked in this old timer.

Cheers,

Ronnie

I'm a little late getting to the reply, But I can't begin to thank you enough Ronnie. I'm so excited to get this pipe back into my rotation. Like Mike said the generosity/brotherhood here is just amazing. If the world were more like this forum we all would be in a better place :)

Thanks for the kind words gents. I think I'm like the phony doctors on the hospital drama shows. "Don't let grandpa's Grabow die"! "We have the technology", "we can save it". It's at the root of my pipe and razor AD. The vast majority of my 'way too many' of both have come from my irrational need to save them from the trash compactor. LOL I'm glad Frank's razor was a success. I have to admit that a few have "coded on the grinder/buffer, file or vise" and were sent to old stuff heaven. LOL

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The vast majority of my 'way too many' of both have come from my irrational need to save them from the trash compactor. LOL

I think a lot of us have that, at least, to a small degree. Why throw out stuff that has lasted decades to replace with something that will last a few years?

Is this pipe an Author shape?

If so, it's my understanding that the Author shape is not frequently seen, and I'm thus extremely happy this pipe was able to be saved.

i have an Author shape adjustomatic Belvedere, and it smokes wonderfully!

I'm a big fan of the older Grabows.

Is this pipe an Author shape?

If so, it's my understanding that the Author shape is not frequently seen, and I'm thus extremely happy this pipe was able to be saved.

i have an Author shape adjustomatic Belvedere, and it smokes wonderfully!

I'm a big fan of the older Grabows.

I was not entirely sure, but after looking at some shape charts I do believe it is an Author shape. I can't wait to get this pipe back and start using it again :thumbup:

Well the pipe finally came back in and I couldn't be more excited to have it back and working. I've got it packed away and ready for it's first smoke tomorrow afternoon. It's been ~10 years since it's been used and I can't wait :thumbup:
Thanks Again Ronnie for getting this working again!

$IMG_7148.jpg

Top Bottom