What's new

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this website for a while, so I thought I'd finally register an account!

I'm 27 years old, living in the UK. I've been wet shaving for a while now: I started out shaving with a cartridge and canned gel, then when I was 19 or 20 I switched over to using a brush and proper soap/cream (though still with a cartridge razor). Finally, at the start of 2015 I made the switch to a DE safety razor.

I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to my shaving set up. I own:

Muhle R101 safety razor
Astra SP blades
TOBS badger (not sure which grade) brush
Vulfix Sicilian Lime cream
Nivea post shave balm

With soaps and creams (I mainly use creams, as I think that most British soaps are inferior to their cream counterparts), I only have one at a time. I'll use it all up, then buy a different one (one of the reasons I got into wet shaving was due to the huge variety of scents). I think my favourite so far has been TOBS Grapefruit.

You people seem to be really knowledgeable about all this stuff, and I'm a comparative newcomer, so I'm looking forward to getting finding out loads of really useful, interesting stuff!

Welcome. As a fellow Brit, can I recommend looking up Phoenix and Beau soaps and OSP (Obsessive Soap Perfectionist) also. I started mainly with creams as well, but these soaps are amazing.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hal of Fame and introduce yourself

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. One excellent British soap that I can highly recommend is Wickham soap. The Club Cola scent is truly outstanding and is one of my favorites.

Hi, welcome to B&B
Palmolive Shaving Sticks and Boots own label shaving soap and cream are top quality and cost peanuts
Crabtree & Evelyn is a good "designer" brand

Greetings and welcome from Copenhagen. Don't forget to head over to the U.K. And EU Brotherhood thread and say "hi". I'll be doing a pass-around of 7 shaving soaps and creams exclusively for members on the Continent and UK as part of our "get the ball rolling" effort starting next week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom