What's new

Cleaning the Razor Injector not the Injector Razor

I got this little gem in the mail yesterday but did n't have good light until today to take pictures.
The razor itself got a dip in a bath of dishsoap mixed with very dilute Scrubbing Bubbles.
I was nervous about damaging the handle color so I did just a quick bath, light scrub and alcohol dip.
Here are before and after pictures.

My question concerns the blade dispenser. It is brass and quite heavy relative to the modern Schick dispensers I own.
It contains a minimum of 8 blades (visible) and maybe more of the original 20 provided.
As you can see, the razor cleaned up nicely but I would like to bring the dispenser back to something close to original condition for display purposes. I bought the razor intending to use it but now that I see it, I may keep it for display and buy a more worn one for use.

As for its ID, I'm pretty sure it's a G and it might be a Model 66 but the head is gold an the cardboard box is red and white/cream. The box is fitted and the dispenser has "B37" and the 1969945 patent number as does the razor.

Any input from the experts is appreciated. Any input from the non-experts is also appreciated. Any input from anyone is appreciated.

$G Before overall.JPG$G head close-up.JPG$G dispenser.JPG$G After.jpg

The second injector I got today is much easier to ID...

$Grip.jpg

I'd probably just give it a polish with a micro-fibre cloth, perhaps with a soupcon of high-alcohol isopropyl alcohol.

My concern would be that the blades likely aren't stainless steel so soaking it in water might cause them to rust. There's probably a light coating of oil on and between the blades which you wouldn't want to break down either.

Nice razors by the way. I shaved with a Schick Grip today. It's one of my favourites as it's gentle but efficient. It feels like cutting myself would be nearly impossible without willful intent.

Nice scores. Congrats.

To clean the dispenser, how about a toothbrush and paper towels and Brasso or Simichrome or another metal polish.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I was surprised by the great condition of the Blue Handle and the weight of the blade dispenser.
I was thinking Brasso on the injector case but the micro-fibre cloth is great first step. The brass doesn't seem particularly damaged so that might be enough.
I was also considering popping out all the blades and inspecting and cleaning off any rust. Then a light coat of silicone spray and re-insert them into the dispenser. More for looks than use but I'm embarrassingly happy with this razor set.

As for the Grip, it completes my "L" series set, I think. Correct me if I"m wrong.
I've got the Grip and the Stick (the two Promo razors); and an L1. I think that is everything related to that "L" series.
The Stick with a Twin blade is pretty nice. I'm still learning the subtleties of injectors but the big ball end makes it an easy razor to practice shaving left-handed with. Not easy to lose control of it.

I also have an Adjustable which is the M series. Now what can I get in that batch? :tongue_sm

Top Bottom