What's new

In Praise Of The Whiskey Sour

Well I am certainly glad to see folks enjoying the cocktail. And I have certainly enjoyed the banter.

I for one am glad to see the revival of the classic cocktail culture. As a young man in the 1980's I remember being told to try things like Kamikaze and Fuzzy Navel. I remember thinking at the time; People actually drink this stuff to the point of intoxication? It really put me off mixed drinks for a long time. The craft beer trend was getting it's legs under it and that is where my focus was for a long time.

In time, experience and age taught me that I've no time for cheap women or cheap booze and have neither in my home.

Well I am certainly glad to see folks enjoying the cocktail. And I have certainly enjoyed the banter.

I for one am glad to see the revival of the classic cocktail culture. As a young man in the 1980's I remember being told to try things like Kamikaze and Fuzzy Navel. I remember thinking at the time; People actually drink this stuff to the point of intoxication? It really put me off mixed drinks for a long time. The craft beer trend was getting it's legs under it and that is where my focus was for a long time.

In time, experience and age taught me that I've no time for cheap women or cheap booze and have neither in my home.

Well said!

I think it tempers the acid of the lemon a bit.

I think you are on to something there. Yes, to me it mad the drink smoother both in texture and flavour profile. I think it comes down to this; it is one of those things that your palate likes or dislikes.

Top Bottom