What's new

Cape Lookout National Seashore

Just had a great weekend there. Park Service has 21 rustic cabins that you can rent on South Core Banks (Cape Lookout). Cabins have running hot and cold water, showers and flush toilets, but no electricity. Bunk beds and you have to take all your gear like cookware, utensils, big coolers for food storage, etc.

Very nice, pristine beach and very cool lighthouse to visit.

Great place for fishing and shelling and just enjoying nature.

Cabin photo here:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I hope it still looks that good after Matthew. We have property south of their on Topsail Island. We didn't have much troubles, but we have a lot more dunes to protect the island.

Wow. That's some stunning video. Thanks for posting. Sorry that you all got that blow.

I live in Goldsboro and we got hit hard. The east coast made out good. Fayetteville area and us got the most rain. We got 18 Inches of rain and have like 50 roads washed out. The worst flooding came a couple days after the storm when all the runoff made the Neuse river rise higher than Floyd in 99.

https://www.facebook.com/nelsonaerials/videos/606561339528917/

This time a week ago, I was an honest to goodness, dictionary definition refugee in Pembroke. The only saving grace is I was offered a place to stay in Lumberton, and I turned it down in favor of sheltering in place. I slept part of the night in my truck and part of the night in the lobby of a hotel.

I don't always drive into hurricanes, but I did seek shelter at a Holiday Inn Express. I'll never do that crap again.

Top Bottom