What's new

Blade Wars: Bolzano Superinox vs. Polsilver Super Iridium

Shave 2- Granny shows some mettle.
Face lathered with XXX.
Silver razor=right side, blue=left

Pass 1 - Silver: a good pass. A little resistance, particularly on my chin, but overall a pleasant pass.
Blue: Also a good pass, slightly less resistance than the silver razor.

Pass 2 - Silver: another good pass. Slight resistance. Good audio feedback.
Blue: good pass. Similar to silver, with less audio feedback and slightly less resistance.

Blue was a little smoother than silver today, but the margin separating the two blades was small compared to yesterday's shave. One variable between the two shaves was today I spent a little more time thinking about my pre-shave routine. Usually I wash my face in the shower using the shampoo I use on my head. (I use a two-in-one shampoo that has conditioner in it.) Yesterday, I washed my face rather quickly at the end of my shower. Today I washed my face at the start of my shower, and really gave it a good scrubbing and soaking.

Followed with some Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm. I have a nice, close, irritation-free shave.

*A note on Old Spice: To me Old Spice is the Egg McMuffin of the shaving world. It gets nowhere near the respect and adulation such a remarkable product deserves. My theory is that if some hotshot chef in lower Manhattan invented the Egg McMuffin, he or she could charge $20 a sandwich, and half of Wall Street would line up in the rain to get their hands on one. It's a breakfast miracle. I think if some fancy fragrance house released Old Spice - with its complex oriental spiciness and delightful powdery finish - those more elegant than me would fork over $50 a bottle without blinking an eye. That those products are cheap and widely available is awesome. Can I hear an amen?

*A note on Old Spice: To me Old Spice is the Egg McMuffin of the shaving world. It gets nowhere near the respect and adulation such a remarkable product deserves. My theory is that if some hotshot chef in lower Manhattan invented the Egg McMuffin, he or she could charge $20 a sandwich, and half of Wall Street would line up in the rain to get their hands on one. It's a breakfast miracle. I think if some fancy fragrance house released Old Spice - with its complex oriental spiciness and delightful powdery finish - those more elegant than me would fork over $50 a bottle without blinking an eye. That those products are cheap and widely available is awesome. Can I hear an amen?
+1 Old Spice is very good. I feel the same way about Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, except that it'd be a $150+ niche perfume.

+1 Old Spice is very good. I feel the same way about Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, except that it'd be a $150+ niche perfume.
I've got to try it. My barber uses regular Clubman, so on haircut days, I always use it for my shave. I own Pinaud V.I. Bay Rum, which I enjoy, and Pinaud Citrus Musk which is so clean and fresh - I just love it... especially on a hot day. You've inspired me - on my next shaving order, I'm going to pick up some Special Reserve.

Shave 3
Face lathered with Tabac
blue=right side, silver=left

Pass 1: Blue- good pass. Slight resistance throughout.
Silver - a little more resistance than the blue, especially on my chin

Pass 2 - Blue: smooth pass - a little resistance, but overall, very nice.
Silver: kind of scratchy - pulled on chin

Followed with Old Spice again, and then a dab of Barbasol balm.
On the way to work, I picked up an Egg McMuffin and held it with one hand - just as it was designed to be able to be held - as I merged onto the Interstate. If you're going to play chicken at high speeds, you might as well have a delicious McMuffin in your hand and the refreshing scent of the sea on your face.

On the way to work, I picked up an Egg McMuffin and held it with one hand - just as it was designed to be able to be held - as I merged onto the Interstate. If you're going to play chicken at high speeds, you might as well have a delicious McMuffin in your hand and the refreshing scent of the sea on your face.

You're cracking me up! The analogy is spot on though. I prefer to call both inexpensive, as they're far from cheap. My Chinese made socket set that broke every socket on the first use was cheap...

I'm still going with Blue being Polsilver. The one I've been using the last 3 weeks just doesn't seem to want to quit, I got another DFS+, irritation free shave this morning.

I've got to try it. My barber uses regular Clubman, so on haircut days, I always use it for my shave. I own Pinaud V.I. Bay Rum, which I enjoy, and Pinaud Citrus Musk which is so clean and fresh - I just love it... especially on a hot day. You've inspired me - on my next shaving order, I'm going to pick up some Special Reserve.

I hope you like it. It is a very unique scent. Unlike most things in the leather genre, it actually smells like leather. I get patchouli, oily baseball glove, riding tack, leather bound books, cedar pencils, spice, talc power, & oak moss. The smell lasts 6-12 hours. It is also in the same sting category as VI Bay Rum.

+1 on the Old Spice. There will always be a bottle in the den. And has been since I was 16. It was my first self bought "expensive" Scent:laugh:. I was 16 and still in school... what can I say. And it was worlds better that the Axe Bathtub-Gin I was using before... I actually got compliments from the girls on the scent!!! Felt like a hot shot at that age:tongue_sm.

And I still have a half a bottle of the magic Shulton Brew left from then.... no clue where or why my mom still had it sitting in my old bathroom cabinet. But happy about it now...

Oh and thanks about the McMuffin... now I need to go and quench that craving... :blink:...

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I loved Old Spice until they decided that they will stop marketing it in Israel. The scent was classic.

Shave 4

silver=right side, blue=left side
Face lathered with P160

Not much new to report.

Pass 1 - silver: slight resistance, scratchy feeling pass
blue: even less resistance. Smooth, even-feeling cut.

Pass 2 - silver: good pass, but still a little scratchy.
blue: very smooth, satisfying pass.

Never tried any of these blades. Both are on my "to try" list though. Just waiting on giftsandcare to stock platinums and i can order the whole bunch.

I loved Old Spice until they decided that they will stop marketing it in Israel. The scent was classic.
It's a shame they don't market it in Israel. A few years ago, they had an advertising motto here in the US that said "If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist." I don't know if it sold any aftershave, but I thought it was funny.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

If I hadn't have seen it here and in this context, I would have sworn that came straight out of Hunter S. Thompson.

Shave 5
Face lathered with Proraso Red soap
blue=right side, silver=left

Pass 1 - Blue: slight resistance throughout, overall a good pass.
Silver: scratchy, pulling, and uncomfortable

Pass 2 - Blue: smooth as can be, excellent pass
Silver: very good pass - much better than the first, but not nearly as smooth as blue

Pass 3 - Blue: very, very nice - Not has heavenly as the third pass of my first shave with this blade, but pretty darn close.
Silver: It hurt. The pulling was so uncomfortable that I finished the pass with the winner of this blade war, BLUE.

Top Bottom