What's new

How to grow a moustache soap!

Sorry ive been away..i decided after hoding in my room i should get out there and give real dating a try...it was..interesting lol..ok enough of that! I was wondering how could i get a hold of a tin of how to grow a moustache soap...ive been told its top notch especially for the price..and its a massive tin...i have seen a few youtube videos and it looks just as good as tobs truefitt etc but cheaper...clue me in if im wrong...

Ah ty i will check them out :straight: and thats a shame :( ill try searching for somebody who has some of the older tins

Ah ty i will check them out :straight: and thats a shame :( ill try searching for somebody who has some of the older tins

As someone who has used several of the company's formulations, I think the newest one in the plastic tubs is much better soap than the old, HTGAM labeled stuff, especially if you have hard water. The old label stuff worked fine at my old place with a water softener, but its performance with the hard water at my new place was unacceptable (to me), especially compared to some of my other soaps that lather just fine with hard water. There are a LOT more scent options available in the newer formula as well. My favorites are Speakeasy and Harvest Moon.

Artisan soap makers, in general, seem to be trending towards smaller soap sizes (at a reduced cost) right now. Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and Catie's Bubbles both used to offer 8oz tins/tubs of soap, but market pressure to sell smaller amounts have caused them to change their packaging. Most hobbyists seem to collect many different soaps and rotate through their use. For someone with the enjoyment of different soaps/scents as the main driving factor behind acquisitions, absolute value (price per ounce of soap) is less important than the price per tub. With a large rotation of soaps, the time it takes to completely finish any given one is extremely long, regardless of the soap size anyway, so it is preferable to spend, say, $15 per soap for two different, 4 oz scents instead of $20/each for 8 oz soaps.

At any rate, a 4 ounce tub of soap will still last you at least 2-3 months of daily shaves, and at $15/tub, it's still much cheaper than Trufitt Hill or Trumpers, and about on par with TOBS.

Top Bottom