What's new

Sport events Australia or New Zealand

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What sports are you watching that are played in or by Australia or New Zealand this week.
AFL, Rugby, Cricket, Bowls, any sport tell us here.

I will be watching
Rugby. The All Blacks V South Africa playing in Christchurch tonight.
Then Australia V Argentina playing in Perth tonight.

So what are you guys watching this week.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Australia v the Pumas. 36-20
The way the game started it looked like Australia would have had a larger score that they did.
Argentina play well but could not pull back all those early point.

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It's almost time for the v8 supercars Bathurst 1000. 6th to 9th of October.
Do we have any other petrol heads here who will be watching the great race.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Lets take a lap around the track with Shane Van Gisbergen in a Mclaren 650s GT3.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Cricket - The first test between NZ & India starts tomorrow in India.
We don't have a good winning record playing India at home to say the least. There is talk we will start with three spinners, guess they have to try something.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The All Blacks play Argentina this weekend. Can the Pumas break the All Blacks winning streak..........I don't like their chances.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
While we wait here's the last game between the AB's and Pumas.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Pretty good stuff. The kick into (lack of a better American word) the end zone and batted up to another player for the try was really awesome.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Pretty good stuff. The kick into (lack of a better American word) the end zone and batted up to another player for the try was really awesome.

Yeah that was a good kick into the in-goal area (your end zone). It does not get used much but it can catch them out when the back line is short of numbers as they came in a bit to defend.

I like Argentina (The Pumas) since I first watched them tour here in the 80's. They joined our southern hemisphere competition a few years ago, which use to be called the tri nations. Aussie, South Africa and NZ. Now Argentina plays it is call the rugby championship.
The more they play at this level the better they are getting.

We played the game I posted here and now we are playing them in Argentina.
That is a Saturday night game over there, so is at 11:00am on Sunday here.

Oh and we have a good lead.:001_cool: http://www.sanzarrugby.com/therugbychampionship/

The other game this weekend is Aussie v The Springboks. That should be a good game.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The Rules of Rugby Union - explained.
It's not every rule but it is a good basic run down.

Legion

Staff member
I've been getting to practice my German a lot today. "Hey look, another schwantz supporter!".

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
While I'm waiting for Bathurst 2016.

Who can forget the lap of the gods. Sure the record has now been beaten but this is poetry in motion.

Legion

Staff member
I'm planning on getting a lot done today while my city stops for a couple of hours. The good thing is they made yesterday the holiday, so everything is open today

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm planning on getting a lot done today while my city stops for a couple of hours. The good thing is they made yesterday the holiday, so everything is open today

Wow you guys get a holiday for the AFL grand final?

I just changed the channel to watch some of the game and it's a packed house. I'm sure your city will not be quite when the game ends.

Legion

Staff member
Wow you guys get a holiday for the AFL grand final?

I just changed the channel to watch some of the game and it's a packed house. I'm sure your city will not be quite when the game ends.
Yep, the most ridiculous public holiday of the year. The day BEFORE a football game. Oh well.

Top Bottom