What's new

Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Mayo or Miracle Whip?

• Mayo

• Miracle Whip

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mayo. Hellman's if you can find it. Scarce in AZ except for Family Dollar who carries it. Plentiful on the East coast (nj).
As for the mustard, I go for Moorhouse Horseradish mustard. Love the blend & bite of a horseradish mustard.

Mikey

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Real mayo for sure. After that, Hellman's. Depends on what it is being used for here .. a quick tuna salad either works. Same for BLT. For ..

$SAM_1262.jpg

Miracle Whip for the Hong Kong market, from the dollar store! I'll be more than happy to PIF a tablespoon at a time.

In my family it's both - half of us eat only Best Foods Mayo and the other half only eats Miracle Whip. Since I'm the primary cook, potato salad and Cole slaw is served with mayo.

But... When I make the mayo everyone likes mayo.

Mayo, I don't believe i've had Miracle Whip since i left the nest a few decades back. Sandwiches require mayo []i]and[/i] mustard preferably a grainy dijon. Dijon makes a great addition to mayo for other uses as well.

dave

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My family, my entire life growing up, was Miracle Whip. Was never without it in our fridge for decades!

I took a trip to see the folks a few years back and my dad starts raving about Duke's Mayonnaise. I'm thinking "oh lord, he's lost his mind. Mayo!!!!??".

So I try it.

Now my family are mayo fans, myself included. Specifically Duke's.

And I asked him why he got mayo instead of miracle whip. He says the whip was to expensive so they settled on the Duke's that day. We are all glad they did!

$a3f10417-275a-44c3-bce2-55951ce68fc3_1.c3048a0b269a853c5b12a495ba288f76.jpeg

I ate Miracle Whip most of my life then a few years ago I decided to switch to Mayo. Funny this thread came along. Just the other day I was thinking of switching back to Miracle Whip but when I compared labels I noticed MW contains a lot of High Fructose Corn Syrup. That is like poison to the body. So I'm sticking with mayo.

Top Bottom