What's new

How do you (and your wife) like your steak cooked?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
So I'm cooking up a few steaks for the neighbors at our house. The neighbors wife says, "cook mine well done." It's only a ribeye worth it's wait in gold or diamonds. I hesitate (I'm contemplating whether to ask her to leave). I don't because I'm a nice guy and really it's not that big a deal. I lie, it is a big deal. You can't cook a steak or pork chop to be sewed to the bottom of my boot...no sir.

Maybe I should have grilled some zucchini or turkey burgers and made them well done instead.

Lol it's a struggle for me I only like steak on the rare side. My wife will only eat it if it is brown rubber. It makes me cringe every time I Cook her steak.

Lol! I like my ribeye medium rare. My last gf ordered her filet well done every time we went out. I felt like crawling under the table. If I was cooking she'd have me butterfly it and cook to well done. I felt as if I was wasting my money on every steak she ate...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
At the risk of being burned at the steak, er, stake, I ORDER my beef cooked medium well. I have found most places under cook for my taste. At home I usually screw it up by multi tasking, lol. But if the stars align just right, it cook it medium.

FarmerTan

Lol! I like my ribeye medium rare. My last gf ordered her filet well done every time we went out. I felt like crawling under the table. If I was cooking she'd have me butterfly it and cook to well done. I felt as if I was wasting my money on every steak she ate...
You were, lol! At least she's not Mrs CigarSmoka!!!!

I like my steak medium rare to medium, my wife used to eat well done. After 13 years I got her to lean towards medium well.... baby steps :tongue_sm

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The red juice in a steak is not blood...it's myoglobin. That's a protein mixed with water. Try explaining that to your wife.

FarmerTan

Between that and her refusal to try a de or even artisan soaps, she never stood a chance!
You obviously are a man of refined taste in women! There are certain things a real man should not compromise for a woman. Example: Don't marry a woman that squeezes the toothpaste from the middle of the tube, or talks to you while you're reading. A REAL man would never allow this. Alas, I am not a real man. Sigh. Shoulda got a prenup! PLEASE DON'T TELL MY WIFE! lol

So I'm cooking up a few steaks for the neighbors at our house. The neighbors wife says, "cook mine well done." It's only a ribeye worth it's wait in gold or diamonds. I hesitate (I'm contemplating whether to ask her to leave). I don't because I'm a nice guy and really it's not that big a deal. I lie, it is a big deal. You can't cook a steak or pork chop to be sewed to the bottom of my boot...no sir.

Maybe I should have grilled some zucchini or turkey burgers and made them well done instead.
Not someone to ask over for steaks a second time! She sounds like a burnt hotdog with ketchup person.

At the risk of being burned at the steak, er, stake, I ORDER my beef cooked medium well. I have found most places under cook for my taste. At home I usually screw it up by multi tasking, lol. But if the stars align just right, it cook it medium.

I perfer my steak medium well also, but will eat it medium rare if someone else cooks it for me. My wife will eat steak just about anyway you serve it to her, except for when it moos when stuck with a fork.

Give it to me well done or not at all. Mankind didn't spend hundreds of millennia crawling out of the darkness just to end up eating barely cooked meat.

My partner is vegan, so no dramas there.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

Moments like that is when you pull out the cheaper cuts. Rib Eyes for the meat eaters and rump for the ..... the.... guest.

I like mine medium rare or medium.....the Mrs likes hers burnt.

While I like my steak medium rare or medium, I have no problem over cooking a piece of meat for the better half.
After all if she enjoys it burnt, then that's all that matters.

Now steaks are easy, as they are normally separate portions. Where I come to butting heads is roasting a leg of lamb or roast beef.

Rare. I can go to Medium at the most. If I'm in a restaurant it's always rare. Backyard BBQ is usually you get what you get. I'm OK with that. Kinda have to be!

Top Bottom