What's new

Is there a product that gives the wet hair look without the stiffness of gel/mousse?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Man, I'm not sure, but I don't THINK so. Seems the stuff I used 25 or 30 years ago didn't.... I should just shut up. My brain is now dealing with Psychotic patients, not Psychotic clientele....

Folks get crazy over their hair!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Now for something completely different: Elvis could make singing the phone book sound great.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well this is all they had at Sally's. so looks like the Internet is where I'm headed!

proxy.php

They didn't have a single pomade? Murray's gives a wet look, but it is probably too thick for you. It doesn't dry. Brylcreem will give you a nice wet look and doesn't get too thick. Just be sure to pick up a pocket comb with your Brylcreem.

Ahhh! So now I need to add that to the list.

Thanks!

Murray's Superior would be great for a base coat for you to pin your hair down for a particular style. You then add Royal Crown pomade on top to get the wet look. Judging from what you've been talking about, it looks like you want your hair to move around a little. In that case, Murray's might not be a good idea. It's thicker pomade that is ideal when you want your hair to be on point where it looks perfect. Royal Crown would go on top to give you the movie star from the 1920s look.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I didn't even look for pomades. Never crossed my mind. I was on a mission for tonic

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I used Royal Crown when I went as Superman for Halloween. It certainly isn't stiff. If I recall, it's three ingredients were petroleum jelly, olive oil, and fragrance.

Think Raising Arizona.

Of course, you also have this:

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
So the tonic stinks. But the stink goes away after a little bit. It does give the wet look and leaves my hair with some body. But when it dries it looses some of the shine and body.

I'm betting the tonic with the oil I'll like better.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm thinking putting this stuff in a spray bottle would be better for application. I seem to need a lot of it. And a good % makes it's way to the sink by dumping in my hands.

I use hair tonic every day. Jeris, but the one with oil, may be what you're looking for. You could also use Brylcreem first as a sort of "base" and then add Jeris after that. A base can also be derived from Groom and Clean or VO5. Or, you might try Wildroot Tonic. It's pretty thick stuff but it will leave the wet look you're going for. You might also just try Vitalis - it isn't very "wet" looking though. Everyone's hair is different. Experimenting may be your best choice.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The stuff I got dries and doesn't look "wet" at all. HTAD incoming!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
They didn't have a single pomade? Murray's gives a wet look, but it is probably too thick for you. It doesn't dry. Brylcreem will give you a nice wet look and doesn't get too thick. Just be sure to pick up a pocket comb with your Brylcreem.
That's where my mind went, straight to the brylcreem. DA with a pompadour.

Tonic might give you shine, but you won't get the truly wet hair look that you want unless you go with a pomade like Royal Crown or British Bryclreem. They both wash out easily. It';s not like with Murray's. They're both inexpensive. Another product that will give you the wet hair look is Groom and Clean from Suave. It's really good for the wet hair look if you can stand the scent. There's a ton of pomades that give a wet hair look. Royal Crown is good because it's inexpensive. I think their factory is in Tennessee.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Is the Royal Crown Hair Dressing and the Royal Crown Pomade the same stuff?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom