What's new

Anybody tried Dr. Jon's aftershave tonics?

I'm almost out of my Royall Lyme aftershave, and I'm searching for another aftershave splash to replace it. I'm looking at Dr. Jon's stuff, but I'm curious to hear opinions.

If you have tried these, what did you think of them? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I love both Hydra for its over the top citrusyness as well as Classic for its wonderful complex smell with hints of rosemary.

Love the scent of Hydra, I splash it on liberally after shaving with the soap. I've even used the body soap. I wish the scent lasted longer though, it doesn't stick around very long. It does leave the skin feeling nice though, since it contains witch hazel & aloe. It also has just enough menthol to cool your skin without being obtrusive, and a fantastic citrusy scent.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Love the scent of Hydra, I splash it on liberally after shaving with the soap. I've even used the body soap. I wish the scent lasted longer though, it doesn't stick around very long. It does leave the skin feeling nice though, since it contains witch hazel & aloe. It also has just enough menthol to cool your skin without being obtrusive, and a fantastic citrusy scent.

Good to know that it doesn't last that long... what about the others?

Well I have Dr Jon's Hydra and for some reason, citrus scents don't agree with me. if you would like to try it send me pm and I will ship it out to you..just collecting dust anyway and it's over 95 % left..either way..his products are well worth trying..

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Well I have Dr Jon's Hydra and for some reason, citrus scents don't agree with me. if you would like to try it send me pm and I will ship it out to you..just collecting dust anyway and it's over 95 % left..either way..his products are well worth trying..
That is incredibly generous! Pm sent!

I've had samples of a few Dr. Jon's AS products other than Hydra and they all seem to have good staying power.

I've tried Dr Jon's Anne Bonney and Classic AS. The Classic is a nice interpretation of a barbershop scent(a nice warm scent to me) but the Anne Bonney has something to it that I just love. The scent is hard to describe to me. Its a type of bay rum but there is a black tea scent to it. I wish scent lasted all day. Really, any of Dr Jon's stuff is pretty darn awesome.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I've tried Dr Jon's Anne Bonney and Classic AS. The Classic is a nice interpretation of a barbershop scent(a nice warm scent to me) but the Anne Bonney has something to it that I just love. The scent is hard to describe to me. Its a type of bay rum but there is a black tea scent to it. I wish scent lasted all day. Really, any of Dr Jon's stuff is pretty darn awesome.

How long do you find Dr. Jon's scents last?

I've tried several Dr. Jon's soaps--classic, the entire Cold War series, and 1803. I love 1803 and have the after shave tonic. On me it last's through the working day. Great products.

Next time I buy I think I need to try Hydra, and will get another 1803 soap and tonic.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I've tried several Dr. Jon's soaps--classic, the entire Cold War series, and 1803. I love 1803 and have the after shave tonic. On me it last's through the working day. Great products.

Next time I buy I think I need to try Hydra, and will get another 1803 soap and tonic.
Thanks much. Do you find the alum irritating? What is it like using them?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks much. Do you find the alum irritating? What is it like using them?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've never found the alum irritating, nor the small amount of menthol. There's certainly some sting when I use a blade for too many shaves, but that's true of any alcohol based aftershave for me.

Dr. Jon's lasts several hours on me. I find an alum block very irritating to my skin but have zero issues with the splashes. In fact, they leave my skin soft and supple, feeling great.

I picked up a sample of Black Label. Performance wise, this is great stuff. I just don't care for this scent. I was hoping for a tobacco scent somewhat similar, but different than my other tobacco scents. It's different all right, but I don't pick up any tobacco. It smells like a gift shop that carries candles and potpourri. I'll have to give some of the other scents a try.

Top Bottom