What's new

Who uses a milatary brush or two?

I keep reading about people using milatary brushes. I was wondering if anyone here uses them and if so what advantage is to using one? Also is they a better hair type or length that they work with? What are some of the better ones? Lastly I read references to people using two at the same time....how and why?

Legion

Staff member
I used one for a little while, and my father used one for years and years. They are best suited to medium length, neat hair. Think 1960's, Madmen, or 70's Michael Cain.

Many believe that the natural boar bristles massage the scalp and make it healthy. Some say it is gentle on the scalp and hair, and limits hair loss, if you a prone to that.

As far as brands... Kent is the one to beat.

Why two? Because why buy one of something when you can have pointless excess? "Look at me, ma! I'm brushing double handed!!"

$image.jpeg

I picked up a Kent military brush several months ago as a result of perusing manly care topics here on B&B. I keep short hair, more or less high and tight. It's the military brat in me, but it's also because I prefer a low maintenance 'do. I have gone for years without a hairbrush and in the days before I am scheduled to get my ears lowered again, I find that coifing my mop with my fingers doesn't exactly deliver the results I prefer.

So, I researched and read and decided that I needed a Kent brush. I hope to someday say that I own a handmade brush, but I wasn't ready to plunk down a couple of bills for something that I have lived without for at least five years.

I think the greatest benefit of a military brush is that it consumes less space in a Dopp Kit. I trust that there's something to the type of bristles and scalp massaging benefits, but I can neither confirm or deny it. I do enjoy my military brush and would recommend it to anyone giving it consideration.

Bud Fox

I've used a Kent one for about 5 years now i have pretty short (military style) hair and it was a great investment.

I have two Kents. One is full size, and one is travel size. The former sits on my bathroom vanity, and the other in my travel kit. I like them for the easy feel in my hand, the compact design, and the way those Kent bristles feel against my scalp. I have short fine hair. If I had long hair, I don't think I'd find them as useful. If I had really thick hair, I'd probably want Kent's thicker-bristle model (I have the medium).

Kent... ahhhh.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I use one at night when my hair is clean. I don't want to use it with product and get buildup on the boar bristles. It is great on my scalp though.

I use a military hair brush. Love it. It's a Kent white bristle one. It packs nicely for travel and it fits in my hand perfect.

Top Bottom