What's new

Avon Bravo

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Has anyone here tried an OLD aftershave from Avon called Bravo? Just curious if it smells OK, or a description would be nice.

FarmerTan

Never a good sign when you have to post a reply to your own post just to keep it alive!

I've recently picked up a bottle and have been trying to figure it out. I'm not the greatest with scents, but I'll give it a shot. It's pretty sweet and citrus at the beginning, not lemon or lime, but more orange maybe? After it dries down it reminds me of Aqua Velva Musk, not quite, but in that neighborhood to me anyway. On an interesting side note, I also recently acquired a bottle of Light Musk. To me it smells a lot like Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

Hopefully someone else will be along to say just how wrong I am. :laugh:

FarmerTan

Thanks guys. That helps, really. Now if I only knew what Tabac smelled like, lol!

I love Bravo. Upon first sniff, it became on of my favorite scents from Avon. It's definitely sweet.... but not in a bad way. I don't get any citrus notes or Tabac similarities as mentioned above. But everyone's nose is different.

I know, right? Me too!
Already picked some up. A bit on the metallic side, but that could be the age. Nothing really special for me. Not bad just not great. So far the impressive Avon products are wild country, deep woods, bay rum, tribute, windjammer, leather, island lime and the old spice clones

FarmerTan

Already picked some up. A bit on the metallic side, but that could be the age. Nothing really special for me. Not bad just not great. So far the impressive Avon products are wild country, deep woods, bay rum, tribute, windjammer, leather, island lime and the old spice clones
My least favorite of the ones you mentioned is wild country, in its modern formula. I smelled some vintage circa '65 that was much better. Have yet to smell deep woods, leather, or windjammer.

My least favorite of the ones you mentioned is wild country, in its modern formula. I smelled some vintage circa '65 that was much better. Have yet to smell deep woods, leather, or windjammer.
I don't have any modern formula Avon. I really have been on a quest to replicate the lineup from my childhood

So far the impressive Avon products are wild country, deep woods, bay rum, tribute, windjammer, leather, island lime and the old spice clones
My favorites are Everest, Bravo, Tai Winds, Spicy, Deep Woods, Island Lime, Blue Blazer, Sea Zone, Bay Rum, and Leather.

My least favorite of the ones you mentioned is wild country, in its modern formula. I smelled some vintage circa '65 that was much better.

The vintage is way better. I have both. The modern is much lighter and sweeter. Not too sweet, but almost. It's a toned down version of the original. And you can buy the vintage for a fraction of the cost of modern. So vintage is much better, all around, IMHO.

FarmerTan

Thanks, Vez2! I kick myself for not buying a Wild Country at the local Goodwill recently. Liked the smell, but was convinced that I was mostly liking it for it's price, not for the smell. Now that I've heard a few folks, you I believe and Okie say that there is a big difference, will go back and get it if it's still available.

This seems a s good a thread to bump as any for my question:
having been to a local "Flea Market" shop, several vendors had a lot of AVON bottles (assumed at least some were full) and looking through the AVON stickied thread - got me thinking about a very cheap option for AS. As TheVez2 has mentioned they are great AS.

My question is - is there a concise listing of all their scents and brief descriptions of what they are like? Also how do you know it is a vintage vs Newer?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

I've tried to get all the scents and their original version (if copies) listed in the ALPHA thread. See link in my signature.

Anything in a special shaped bottle is vintage for sure. You can look at the Avon website to see what is currently made. They only produce wild country and a couple others now. There are many discontinued scents, though, that i still consider modern and not vintage.

Top Bottom