What's new

2016 NFL Official Thread

Well the NFL calendar officially flipped to the 2016 season about 20 minutes ago. Started out with the latest player leaving the Broncos. Started with Peyton Manning. Then Malik Jackson, then Brock Osweiler, now Danny Trevathan. Hope the bleeding stops soon! They've still got Trevor Siemian at QB! [emoji6]

Actually I saw him in training camp and he isn't bad. But probably not a starter.

Last edited:
I guess the broncos aren't winning the SB this season.
Too soon to tell. They could have been derailed at any number of points last year. To win the division and be mostly healthy is a miracle. There's some luck involved, and not Andrew's beard hairs!

Eagles improved by convincing Titans to trade for Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso. I think Eagles got a bag o chips. That's a good deal.
Wait! They also traded Eagles' 13th pick for Fins' 8th pick. Howie Roseman is a genius.

Also shunted off Demarco Murray and his contract.

Addition by subtraction.

I believe they want Fitz back but don't have a lot of cap room, and don't want to pay him top QB money. Hopefully his price comes down. I do want him back for maybe a 2yr contract.

Useless trivia. Heard that Ryan Fitzpatrick's wife was one of the first 10 people to sign up on Facebook. They're both Harvard grads.

The Browns finally waived Johnny Manziel. Guess the Browns woke up to the fact that nobody else wanted him. His agent and marketing firm have also dropped him. I remember thinking the Browns were fools to trade up for him on the draft. It was like the Broncos trading up for Tebow. At least the Broncos found a way to make that sorta work for them. The Browns selected Manziel with the No. 22 overall pick in the 2014 draft, ahead of Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr. Both have since been named to the Pro Bowl. Jerry Jones wanted him for the Cowboys but showed uncharacteristic restraint and passed on him (no pun intended) for defensive choices. I don't care for Manziel but hope he can get it together before he completely burns out and blows away.

Eagles trade Mark Sanchez to Denver for a 2017 late round pick.
We save a million extra in cap and get a pick? For someone who would have been cut?
Howie is firing on all cylinders.

Eagles are making some good moves, no doubt. Don't think Sanchez would've been cut though. He's still got some value. I'm kind of indifferent about it. Kubiak has a history of getting the most out of quarterbacks. Maybe he's got a new project, hah. Waiting to see what else Elway has in store.

Sanchez has an 86.6 passer rating and 55.0 QBR since the start of the 2014 season. Brock Osweiler has an 86.6 passer rating and 47.9 QBR over the same span. For the 2015 regular season, Peyton's QBR was 45.0 and Osweiler's 48.8. So as silly as it might sound, it might be an upgrade!

Of course the Eagles did just give $21 million / 3 years to Chase Daniel who's only started 2 games. Guess quarterback is the thing to be.

Poor Sanchez, he was trying to slide. But sliding into an over 300 pound man being pushed back by an even bigger man just can't end (pun intended) well.

proxy.php

Sanchez traded to Broncos?

As a Pats fan, I fully endorse that move.

Rumor has it that Sanchez will be the backup QB to Johnny Manziel in Mile High.

Last edited:
49ers were among the teams trying to trade for Mark Sanchez, could Elway now use Sanchez as a trade chip?
Heard this since the trade happened. Not sure if I believe it but cool story.

Sounds like the Kaepernick deal is a stand-off for now. 49ers won't lower what they want for him, Denver and Cleveland won't offer more. Supposedly Kaepernick likes Hue Jackson and would like to play for him but doesn't care for the state of the team. So probably he stays in San Francisco or goes to Denver. But until the April 1 date gets closer when Kaepernick's $12 million is guaranteed, the standoff might remain. We'll see.

Top Bottom