What's new

2016 NFL Official Thread

If there was ever a game to illustrate the value of a good kicker and how the lack can hurt a team, last night's Cardinals-Seahawks had to be it!

I missed the 3rd quarter and part of the first half, but Sunday nights Cardinals-Seahawks game was the most fun to watch so far this year. The referees were willing to call offensive holding to give the defense a chance and the kicking game came into play in a major way.

There are many play calls one could argue with the coach about, but in overtime I thought it was a mistake for
Bruce Arians to follow conventional wisdom and attempt the field goal kick on 3rd down. IMO he traded away a high probably scoring play (gaining the yard to score a touchdown is higher than 50% and at worse case of keeping possession for a 4th down kick attempt is highly likely) as protection against a lower probably play (center-holder miscue causing aborted kick attempt while keeping possession for a another attempt on 4th down).

Brock got beat in his homecoming back to Denver. Not only that but he LOOKED beat at the end. He's usually pretty good at not letting the game get to him. I'm sure he'll let it go quickly and move on. But it felt cathartic for Denver fans and the team. Brock made his choice to move on to "where he had the best chance for success". Unless that just means money, he's got some work to do there...

Eagles are back to being SB bound. All is right in the world :letterk1:
They're playing pretty good. Hear they're sniffing around a Torrey Smith trade. I haven't kept up with Smith much lately but still remember his role in keeping the Broncos out of Super Bowl XLVII.

They're playing pretty good. Hear they're sniffing around a Torrey Smith trade. I haven't kept up with Smith much lately but still remember his role in keeping the Broncos out of Super Bowl XLVII.
Last Torry I heard of was Holt, a famed Eagles killer. About time we had one.

Twitter also say Alshon Jeffry.
Can't say I've followed the careers of either TBH.

Brock got beat in his homecoming back to Denver. Not only that but he LOOKED beat at the end. He's usually pretty good at not letting the game get to him. I'm sure he'll let it go quickly and move on. But it felt cathartic for Denver fans and the team. Brock made his choice to move on to "where he had the best chance for success". Unless that just means money, he's got some work to do there...
You can't make this stuff up.

Brock averaged 3.2 yards per attempt on 41 passing attempts -- a figure that ranks as the third-lowest on 40 or more attempts in the Super Bowl era. A guy with a 4 year, $72,000,000 contract was outplayed by a guy with a 4 year, $2,332,783 contract and even less NFL starts.
[YouTube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=86VmhE7c3nM[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Except this isn't the same Denver team we've been used to seeing. They've got problems on both sides of the ball. I called this one in my sports groups, if SD could hold on in the 4th. With Siemian and no LBs, Denver is now a 2nd tier team.
OK, Denver-Chargers rematch coming up. CJ Anderson is out with a busted knee and on injured reserve. So this 2nd tier team should get beaten badly by the Chargers, right? Is that your prediction?

... Last year the press was going on about how the Broncos revealed the "blueprint" to beating the Patriots, and the year brief before how the Colts had shown the blueprint to beating the Broncos. You know, right before the Broncos had a superbowl winning year? There are more examples out there.

You can't put too much faith in such statements. Like always, there's matchups to exploit, the impact of injuries, mistakes to be made or not made.

Maybe it'll turn out to be true but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I don't think there's any magic plan. I have plenty of other things to lose sleep over, :-D
Oh, and now the analysts are saying the Broncos found the blueprint to beating the Texans. Round and round it goes...

OK, Denver-Chargers rematch coming up. CJ Anderson is out with a busted knee and on injured reserve. So this 2nd tier team should get beaten badly by the Chargers, right? Is that your prediction?

No. I don't have any predictions about or faith in a team like the Chargers. When I said Denver was a 2nd tier team, I was comparing them to first 1st tier teams like New England and Pittsburgh, not 3rd tier teams like the Chargers. Although the emergence of Joey Bosa does make San Diego a bit better.

No. I don't have any predictions about or faith in a team like the Chargers. When I said Denver was a 2nd tier team, I was comparing them to first 1st tier teams like New England and Pittsburgh, not 3rd tier teams like the Chargers. Although the emergence of Joey Bosa does make San Diego a bit better.
Well, I'll agree New England is probably the best team out there right now. Steelers not so much. And obviously i think it's early to dismiss the Broncos.

Top Bottom