What's new

Credit card fraud

paypal also has a virtual debit card feature which has a one time use CC number option

While on the subject of Paypal...I keep mine linked to an account that is virtually empty unless I intend to use it. More than one person has been burned by fraud on Paypal...but it IS getting better. I just keep a few cents in it, and in the account so linked, and fund it when I need to.

The one-time use CC is a GREAT idea!

I do both. These days, as more shopping is done online, it means your info is getting passed through more companies and people. No sense in not protecting yourself.

Do you actually get this card, or do you have to copy the number and keep it in a safe place?

It depends. Some credit card companies make this virtual number as single-use or multiple-use numbers. That means that you can make one purchase with the single-use number, regardless of the amount of the purchase. On the other hand, you can make multiple purchases with the multiple-use number, until you reach the maximum amount you set for that number. If it's a single-use number, you use it once and you're done. If it's a multiple-use number, you'd have to save the number for later.

PayPal Virtual Card is good because once the number is formulated, it will automatically be entered into the boxes on the checkout screen of the respective website. It's very convenient.

Do you actually get this card, or do you have to copy the number and keep it in a safe place?

No, you do not get a physical card. It is just an image in a window on your screen. You also have to note that little three-digit number that you often have to give to validate your card.

I always just use the number once, while the number is still on my screen.

Tim

No, you do not get a physical card. It is just an image in a window on your screen. You also have to note that little three-digit number that you often have to give to validate your card.

I always just use the number once, while the number is still on my screen.

Tim

Thanks!

Top Bottom