What's new

Hotel/Resort Ettiqute Question

I have been known to wear my pyjama and a dressing gown into lobby area of the hotel...then again in LA people go to Starbucks dressed that way. Not to change subject but have you tried Derek Rose pyjama from UK, I prefer them to Brooks Brothers, but that is just me.

Perhaps it is because I have never stayed at a bed-and-breakfast, but I really have trouble believing this is a real question. Go out in public in pajamas? Not appropriate, absent fire.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
For me, I don't really care if I hurt people's feelings by rocking my PJ's in the common.

Chances are at a resort you'll never see those people again so don't worry about hurting feelings, as long as your "parts" are covered I'd say go for it

My consideration and respect for others is not limited by my estimate of whether I'll see them again.

It's a common area. Put on some pants, man.

Up to you, but if you want to appear normal I'd say fully dressed, if you can wear it while walking down the street, it's perfectly acceptable to wear it in the public areas of a hotel.

If on the other hand you don't care about people looking at you out of the corner of their eye, or you don't mind people wondering if you've just escaped from an institution, or wondering if they ought to throw a net over you and call for the men in white coats - wearing pyjamas in the public area of a hotel will do the trick every time

The question in my mind as I read your post was, "So, why would you WANT to do this?" Is it for comfort, like the first thing you do when you get home from work is put on your PJ's and pour a glass of wine, and you want to re-create that feeling? Did you grow up reading your dad's vintage Playboy collection and you have a glamorous image of Hugh Hefner in mind? Are you proud of your sophisticated sleep wear and believe it will give a signal to the ladies that you're a sophisticated, devil-may-care lad?

I'm curious on the "why" here, why you would want to do this. But, regardless of 'why', the answer is the same as all of the other gentlemen have been imparting to you, absolutely not. Women walking by will laugh and deride you as soon as they pass by. Your fellow dudes will think you're a jackass. Parents will grab their children by the arm and lead them away from you.

Whatever image you have in your head, it won't go that way, so get a bottle and bring it into your room if you really want to have a PJ glass of wine.

Depending on the resort it may change. However for me at a minimum in public put on clothes. If it is a food serving area then pants/ shorts, shirt and footwear always. Dinner pants and shoes.
This is just my 2 cents but that I think is a pretty universal norm that you can't go wrong with.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 67
If you do your evening robe attire like this guy then absolutely, if not then I wouldn't recommend leaving your room wearing PJs.

$von trapp pjs.jpg

Top Bottom