What's new

Ikon SE razor coming out soon.

Latest post of FB page last night said "coming soon". Don't know if that means closer to release than the older post which said "final production", but I'm guessing to start saving your nickels and dimes.

I have a grip left over, also have enough feather blades for my DX. But I would prefer a milder Razor like the mongoose, but just for trying out a SE it is more money than I wanted to spend. Although I didn't wanted any iKon anymore I might give it a try.

I have a grip left over, also have enough feather blades for my DX. But I would prefer a milder Razor like the mongoose, but just for trying out a SE it is more money than I wanted to spend. Although I didn't wanted any iKon anymore I might give it a try.

Check out Italian Barber. They have the Hawk which will go on sale tomorrow. It is $20 for the chrome one and $25 for the black anodized one and they both use the same wedge head design of a Mongoose. Both are machined aluminum also, just like the X3 (except the X3 won't be coated).

Yes I saw this too, but it is also including a handle again ;-), furthermore it's difficult to get, but I would also order a brush.

Yes I saw this too, but it is also including a handle again ;-), furthermore it's difficult to get, but I would also order a brush.

Okay, just saw the Germany part in your info bar. I been hanging out in a UK shaving site for a while now and am amazed at how I take US vendors for granted while they grumble about them. conversely, I have ordered through UK and EU vendors and besides the high shipping rate, and long wait, things have not been much of a problem. Often times the lower price (without VAT) makes up for the shipping cost.

As for the handle, solution to that would be to just take it off and not use it. ;) I have 6 unused handles now and will probably get more very soon.

I asked at connaught last week and they said another 4-5 weeks they will have it in stock. This waiting is killing me.

I was fortunate enough to be in front of my computer at the right time and have one on the way.

More to follow. :thumbup1:

--Bob

Ikon has the El Jefe on the website now for $35.00 but it says sold out. This is the first day that I have seen it listed on the web site.

Got my El Jefe razor yesterday and first shave with this razor was this morning. The razor is a looker, especially when paired with the special edition matte iKon handle. I used a feather pro blade. It definitely is an aggressive shaver and I think I need to work on my angle--I went too shallow I believe and I will try going more steep tomorrow (the domed head allows variable angles, unlike the preset angle of the Mongoose type SE's). I had a nice 3 pass BBS shave but did get a few weepers on my chin, my usual trouble spot. I was probably using too much pressure in retrospect. I will try the feather pro again with a different angle to see if I can tame it more, otherwise I will try with a Kai mild blade. It is a wonderfully designed SE razor with a nice narrow head and nice tall blade posts to hold the blade in securely. I am glad it is on the aggressive side, as my alumigoose V2 is way too mild and I favor aggressive razors like the iKon shavecraft Tech and the Muhle 2013 R41. I would love to hear other shaving reports on this new SE offering.

Top Bottom