What's new

Replating Cost?

I am sure this question has been posed, but I am still trying to learn how to search the threads/posts.

What is a ballpark cost for replating a F4 Fatboy. Everything functions, but it has lost a fair amount of plating down to bare metal. I should have asked for more pictures and clarification on the condition. A lesson learned...be more patient. Now it's time to take my lumps.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's going to vary greatly with what metal you want to plate it with. If you go with the original nickel, that's not so bad. Get into gold, silver, rhodium, and you'll need to pay more.

Check out Chris at razorplate.com for some excellent work!

+1 Chris at razorplate. He is very reasonable and knowledgable and does excellent work. He has a wait list, but if your razor is functional, you can use it while waiting for your name to come up.

Thank you for the replies; I settled down and learned how to advance search(thanks to my son) and found Chris' info at the same time you all responded. Thank you gentlemen for your crazy fast responses. I will contact Chris.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's brass. No need to worry about any special work. Believe me, Chris has replated more Fatboys than anyone could count!

Prices

Pricing

• [FONT=&amp]Complete Razor - Bright Nickel Replating $40 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Complete Razor - Silver Replating $60 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Complete Razor - 24k Gold Replating $67 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Complete Razor - Rose Gold $80 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Complete Razor - Rhodium Replating $98 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Complete Razor - Black Rhodium Replating $98 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Custom Replating - quoted by request[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Razor Head (base plate & top cap) – Bright Nickel Replating $24 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Handles only – Bright Nickel Replating $20 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Blade Banks - Bright Nickel Replating $22 USD[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]Razor Head or Handle replating in gold or rhodium can be quoted by request[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]***Effective 5/1/16, all replating work for Gillette Toggle razors will incur a $20 upcharge. They are the most difficult razor to work on. I actually lose money on almost every one of these jobs! While RazorPlate is my "hobby business" and I do not depend on income from this venture, I must offset the losses I incur working on Toggle razors.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]RETURN SHIPPING[/FONT]
[/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]In CONUS, razors are shipped via USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box (includes tracking & $50 insurance) and invoiced at actual cost - currently $6.80 USD*, but - additional insurance may be purchased at actual cost[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] *USPS Price Increase from $5.95 to $6.80 effective 1/17/16 [/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]International shipments are shipped via USPS First-Class International and invoiced at actual cost. Registration and insurance may be purchased at actual cost[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] [FONT=&amp]FINISHES THAT REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PREPARATION[/FONT]
[/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]Razors that are originally plated in chrome, silver or rhodium require additional preparation and will incur an upcharge of $10 USD for extra processing steps[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]No service is offered for replating zinc-based (Zamak or pot metal) razors. Pot metal yields results that are too variable for a quality replating job[/FONT]

http://www.razorplate.com/p/prices.html

Don't even consider letting anyone else do it, or you will regret it!!!

I had them do a Tech in Zombie Green Cerakote.
Purists can say whatever, I like it.

Attachments

• $322DC91F788E47CA9EC26CB76F794F84.jpg
    $322DC91F788E47CA9EC26CB76F794F84.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 108
I just had my spare Slim done by North Shore Razors, and it came out looking great. Of course there was major brassing on the handle and it has just seen better days. I am seriously thinking of doing my Super Adjustable depending on what kind of season the Seahawks have this year.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Sacrilege for a Gillette or any brass razor, I'd rather leave it ugly,... which actually isn't ugly at all, all razors don't need to be brand new looking.
+2 I just can't seem to find any words. So I should not say anything.

I sent a message to razorreplate and I am on the waiting list. Also discovered the adjustment clicks, but does not move the head.
May need to send it to Cap Murphy as well.

Top Bottom