What's new

Can any experts / pros here direct me where to buy a mint Gillette Fatboy?

I'm neither a expert nor a pro that said B&B Market section, estate sales, antique stores/malls, eBay, Etsy, Craigslist, I'm sure I missed a few

There are often some on the Bay as well as various shaving company's in the uk Executive shaving sell reconditioned ones. I am waiting for one I got off the bay. Near mint but I can make it sparkle [emoji1303]

Above The Tie just started up their vintage razor page again. They got really high quality restores. Might want to check them out.

I'm neither a expert nor a pro that said B&B Market section, estate sales, antique stores/malls, eBay, Etsy, Craigslist, I'm sure I missed a few
+1 Just what I was going to say, and then some.
There is no vintage razor factory. They come from wherever they have been through the decades. Sometimes they have been kept well, sometimes not.

I stumbled across mine at a yard sale upstate NY. Excellent condition for 5 bucks. I decided I wanted one about 5 months earlier. A little patience paid off.

Spiez

I got mine off eBay. It's nearly mint. In the $70 neighborhood.

I did look at the ATT vintage section and they have some very nice ones pretty reasonable.

They pop up regularly on auction sites but generally command some hefty prices. With patience and persistence it's possible to find them perhaps not mint but maybe a step down from that for a lot less and with a few minutes of cleaning look spectacular.

I found mine at a flea market. It came with a mint case and original blade dispenser with 1 blade missing, it was in the razor.

Above The Tie just started up their vintage razor page again. They got really high quality restores. Might want to check them out.

+1. You don't get the thrill of the chase with ATT and you will be paying a retail price, but you can be sure that the razor you're getting is in top condition.

+1. You don't get the thrill of the chase with ATT and you will be paying a retail price, but you can be sure that the razor you're getting is in top condition.

Totally agree with cwnidog. Thrill of the chase is one thing, but getting sniped in the last second too many times just gets old real fast. Even if you win, you need to wait until you get the razor and sometimes you find out things that were never disclosed. Yes you pay more with ATT, but they are reputable and you get a quality product.

Top Bottom