What's new

The Arizona Badgers Thread

This thread is for all the Arizona Badgers to come and complain about the heat, cactuses, illegals, etc. If you've never spent the entire two months of June and July in AZ from Phoenix south, don't you dare mention anything about "dry heat" or "oh its not so bad there, it might be 150 degrees but its nothing compared to 88 with humidity." Trust me, you don't know what you're talking about.

Don't feel obligated to complain though, we're capable of civilized conversation too, even when it's this hot :001_smile.

I'll start off by posting the next week's forecast for Tucson:

proxy.php

Needless to say, I'm not stepping outside unless it is absolutely necessary.

I go to ASU main, during the school year I always hear that we have nice weather. Those people obviously never stayed for the summer! I'm back in Phoenix for the summer and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD it is hoooooooot. I ride my bike a lot and I loose so much water weight it's starting to worry me!

My wife and I were just in Phoenix visiting my dad. Holy hell... dry heat my ***. Heat is heat. Convenction oven I call it. My wife wants to move there... she's insane.

My wife and I were just in Phoenix visiting my dad. Holy hell... dry heat my ***. Heat is heat. Convenction oven I call it. My wife wants to move there... she's insane.

Thank goodness an out of towner can admit that "dry heat" is a complete myth! I don't care what you call it, 110+ weather is not comfortable at all.

My wife was buying into the crap. My dad kept extolling the virtues of a 'dry heat' and lack of humidity. The hell... I'd hate to move to Arizona anyhow as I don't think I'd be able to wear my nice clothes.

My wife was buying into the crap. My dad kept extolling the virtues of a 'dry heat' and lack of humidity. The hell... I'd hate to move to Arizona anyhow as I don't think I'd be able to wear my nice clothes.

Slacks and ties are all but a thing of the past in Arizona. It just doesn't make sense to wear such things in the midst of such heat.

After i take a shower i have to be sure to shave relatively quickly. My bathroom gets the worst ventilation in the house and with someone in it, it heats up really good. If I'm not fast I start to sweat and have to shower again :eek:

First off, it's 'cacti'. Second, illegals get stuff done and there's nothing wrong with them getting work to feed their families so long as they don't reap benefits supported by tax payers IMHO. Third, 80-90 humid is much worse than 120 dry; after 105 it's all negligible.

That's because you're in "Da Valley", the center of the world, the best place in the USA, or at least that's what the people who live there think. IMHO Tucson is much nicer, except for the traffic situation.

Marc

I'm a Zonie, and I love it.

Summer is good here, the coffee you left in your car in the morning is still hot when you get off work.

The valley is relatively quiet this time of year except for the hum of air conditioners. Oh yes, the sound of trees whistling for dogs also.

It doesn't get hot until it is 115.:cool:

M

modern man

Just got back from Scottsdale. Pretty mild start to summer.

Spent a Summer or 2 in Mesa. Relocating to Maricopa or Queen Creek soon and will hopefully be working in Tempe.

Dry heat yes but 120 is still 120. Not as bad as a summer in the Middle East though.

U of A grad, spent 4 1/2 years there (damn accounting) but I loved it and still visit. It gets hot, real damn hot. Valley man now and its sitting at about 108 at my place currently. Summer is not f-ing around this year.

It's June it is supposed to be hot here. At least the traffic has left since school is out and the snowbirds have migrated north. Put on some spf 50 and jump in the pool. :cool:

Phoenix resident here.

As a chemist that works with some dangerous stuff, I have to wear long pants and closed shoes all the time. The 10 minute walk from my building to my car at ~5pm (the hottest part of the day around here) is not fun! I am forever grateful for Gold Bond Medicated Powder!:wink:

I'd say I would cry you a river... but my tears are drying up before they leave my eyes....:biggrin: 111 dry heat my aunt fannie! And if I hear that the breeze makes it better- remember that convection ovens work with breezes!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I'd say I would cry you a river... but my tears are drying up before they leave my eyes....:biggrin: 111 dry heat my aunt fannie! And if I hear that the breeze makes it better- remember that convection ovens work with breezes!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Not only that, but Wil and I have to play a Fourth of July parade in 100+ temps.:eek:

Top Bottom