What's new

Portland Razor's "Sprite"

I just received my Portland Razor's "Sprite". On first impression it is a sturdy little razor. Well centered in the scales, well made , but somewhat utilitarian. Other then some nice upper and lower jimping, no decorative etching. After a quick touch-up on 16K and 30K stones, and a balsa stropping it was time to take a test drive. The reason I say test drive is because while shaving with it, it reminded me of driving the roadster I owned in college. The short 2" blade was very maneuverable, and made shaving under the jawline a breeze. I usually enjoy a much heavier 7/8" blade, but this razor gave a very comfortable, and unique shaving experience. It am sure it will the heavy use in my razor rotation.
:thumbup1:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I have the Hart counterpart, the Shorty and agree with all of the above. Different but close to using my Kamisori.

I am a big fan of PRC! I have two to date and love each. They are well made razors with the most uniform bevels I have seen. A bit wide but never a issue.

congrats on the sprite, its my understanding that PRC was shooting for an every mans razor, rather than a luxury razor. decorations require more time and effort and increase the chances of messing up. all make the razor more expensive, and i have to say for hand ground completely USA made razor its an amazing price, i cant wait to get one.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I have two PRC Leviathans. One custom, one factory stock. Nice craftsmanship. Take and hold a fantastic edge. Great shavers!

I have the hydra. Definitely nailed it in the well made high end "tool" category. I would place them alongside a Stabila level or Leupold Scope. Not too fancy but extremely high quality and customer service.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I have the hydra. Definitely nailed it in the well made high end "tool" category. I would place them alongside a Stabila level or Leupold Scope. Not too fancy but extremely high quality and customer service.

I like it! The Leupold of straight razors. Perfect analogy.

Top Bottom