What's new

Maggard Slant - In stock notification, then.

They are out of stock 13 minutes later when I get a chance to check?

Did anybody get one? Or was this a glitch?

Edit: Nvrmind - back in stock. Musta been a glitch.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this slant yet? I've always been curious about slants, and this seems affordable, so I'm wondering if it is a good one to start with.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Maggard's admittedly is going for the low cost entry on this one, which may appeal to wannabe slant shavers. I've never found those I've tried to be particularly terrifying, and I've used more than a couple. Maggard's have included several caveats in their product description that should be understood before ordering, but given their pricing and the fact that the caveats probably apply to most other slants under $100 seems worth it for a new slant shaver, probably a bit much for a brand new DE shaver though.

They are out of stock 13 minutes later when I get a chance to check?

Did anybody get one? Or was this a glitch?

Edit: Nvrmind - back in stock. Musta been a glitch.

It was a glitch. When I checked they had 4000 in stock (maybe that was a glitch also). I know when I ordered my Razorock Teck II the shopping cart took it out three times telling me it was out of stock (when the site said it was in stock). Have not decided if I want one just yet since it shared it's design with the original Ikon slant which I sold off and that one was stainless with a DLC coating.

If anyone is scared off by the listed disclaimer that it is not for beginners then they should check out Phoenix open comb slant. It is based on Fasan slant which is an excellent shaver and it is surprisingly smooth(just make sure you don't apply pressure while shaving). I like it a bit more than Wunderbar and Ikon 102. It is the most efficient razor I own and it gives me the closest shaves. I'm really excited that everyone can now experience the greatness of Fasan because it is super rare and mad expensive when you find one. I think I should buy one too, so that my Fasan can be preserved.

Last edited:
I had my first shave today. Very nice and easy two pass shave. I was a bit nervous, but it went very well. Looking forward to learning more about shaving with this razor and how it will compare to my favorite razor, the Gillette Slim adjustable.

Top Bottom