What's new

Why do you have a mustache?

I've had it since I was 12. I was the youngest in school to grow one in. Shaved it off a couple of times and hate the way I looked without it. Stills with me 36 years later and the wife still likes it (with a little color added to it). Anyways it's most hair than I can grow on my head. :lol:

I can tell you why I got rid of it. I am 47. My father is 76 and has almost no gray hair. I , on the other hand, have some S&P going on on my head as well as my beard. My mustache is mentally retarded though. The left half is predominantly black and the right half is predominantly gray. It's the stupidest thing I ever saw.

Could be worse. Mine comes in progressively blonde/ginger from the middle out, so unless I go with a handlebar, a chevron looks like a toothbrush from >20ft and a stubble-'stache/#2guard looks like a 15-y.o. trying to grow one for the first time.
Comment from someone seeing a college picture of me when I had an undercut and chevron: "You look like a fat, Italian Hitler."

When I was young, I grew out facial hair to look older.
Now that I'm much much older and regular head shaver, I keep my mustache so I don't look like a chemo patient. Plus they make me feel suave.

About 5 years ago my depression had really kicked in for several months. I had not shaved my face for those months and although I can never grow a beard I needed to cut down my facial growth. I was invited to dinner with friends and family and needed to clean up a bit. I kinda look more homeless when I am unshaven. While using an electric trimmer I had shaved the sides of my face and for some reason shaved the center of my chin. This led me to having a handlebar moustache which I thought would be funny to leave for the night. I got the laughs I was looking for but what I wasn't expecting was everyone saying my moustache joke looked decent on me (I think this is due to it covering a good part of my face). So I have left it and now since I have yet to shave in that area under my lip in such a long time I am afraid to shave it off and cut my upper lip off.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I can't imagine myself without one. Except for maybe a month total, I've had beard and moustache for the last 47 years.

Because I'm not Cary Grant , and I've had one as long as I could grown one , except a couple of times , and I was told then I needed to grow it back . The first time I shaved it because my 2-3 year old daughter asked me to , then once I did , she ran screaming and crying , "I want my Daddy back !"

Mine comes with the beard. Why I have it is simply because I have very much of a baby face and the facial hair makes me look more like my age. That and my wife likes it.

Top Bottom