What's new

Shopping in NJ (Princeton / South Brunswick)

Hi,

In a few weeks, my company is sending me for a business trip to the Princeton / South Brunswick area. I will have a little free time to do some shopping, and as I don´t live in the US and that will be my only chance to do "in person" shopping in the US for a very long time, I was wondering what can I find in that NJ area that doesn´t involve long travel time (I am not sure at what time physical stores usually close in the US, but I anticipate that I don´t think I will have more than 2 hours per day for this).

Also I was thinking that another good option is to place an online order and deliver it to my hotel. Is not as much fun as shopping in person, but at least I can enjoy the low US prices without being bombed with custom duties as it happens when I order from home.

I am happy to explore anything shave related, expanding to general cosmetics and other fine articles (fountain pens, watches,...)

Let me know if you think there is some interesting shopping outlet nearby, or I am out of luck unless I travel longer distance.

Thanks

Hi,

If you can make it over to Manhattan on one of those days, Pasteur's Pharmacy on 34th Street is totally worth the trip. The train from Princeton Junction to New York Penn Station takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. From New Brunswick it's only 60 minutes.

Last edited:
Pretty much just making your way up to NY as stated. I don't even find a whole lot in the antique stores around here although I'm a little more south jersey from South brunswick and princeton.

I would recommend going to Art of Shaving in Lawrence. It is 15 minutes from Princeton or 20 min from South Brunswick.
Quaker Bridge Mall, 137 Quakerbridge Mall, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648

If you do end up having 4 hr to yourself, you could make the trip to NYC to see Pasteurs, CO Bigelow b&m, penhaligon's. If you only have 2 hr, it will be very hard to pull off since you need at least 2.5 hr for commute times to just get into the city (back and forth) You can get to Penhaligon's in the One World Trade Center. Then take the subway to Pasteur's. And then take the subway down to CO Bigelow if you have the time.

If you are flying into Newark Airport, they sell Proraso products at the Airport. You can pick up the green soap, boar brush, AS splash, and the shave oil (IIRC).

Top Bottom