What's new

College Football

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
That Wisconsin game still stings. Nobody loves Mark Dantonio more than me, but the truth is, MSU is only lacking in QB development. [...]
Dave:
proxy.php
...about the QB situation...I've often wondered why MSU just doesn't have the 'depth' in that position (is recruiting the problem?). :001_huh:

proxy.php
Go Green! Go White! Go Spartans!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dave:
proxy.php
...about the QB situation...I've often wondered why MSU just doesn't have the 'depth' in that position (is recruiting the problem?). :001_huh:

proxy.php
Go Green! Go White! Go Spartans!

Yes, in a nutshell. The bigger picture is this: say I'm an elite QB High school junior getting looks from programs all over the nation. Am I choosing MSU over USC? Or Bama? You can't blame Dantonio for that, I know, but he does his best with 3 star recruits. What bothers me is having to put up with Maxwell type players in between the Kirk Cousin's and Connor Cooks. Just wish there was a way to get the Sophomore QB's some snaps in game situations. We never get a big enough lead to get them in there. Oh well, here I am complaining about a team consistently in the top 10. What a whiner I am! I sound like a UM fan has for the last decade!

Wow, Tennessee and Georgia, great game.

Edit: Game of the year? Holy smokes what a last two minutes!

Last edited:
Wow. Tar Heels give up go-ahead TD with 23 seconds left, then come back to win vs. Florida State in Tallahassee on a 54 yard field goal. Second week in a row that they take lead (and win) with less than 5 seconds left in game. Exciting, but nerve wracking and depending on luck and good fortune to win.

Well, it looks like my LSU Tigers are getting things together. I am not saying they are perfect,they have a lot of work to do. LSU had 634 total offensive yards...the most for LSU in any SEC game. The running game was spectacular to watch with our starter, Leonard Fournette on the bench with an injury, the back up running backs put on a show. Darius Guise was 17 carries and 163 yards with 3 touchdowns. Darrel Williams was 21 carries for 130 yards and 3 touchdowns. Our fourth string guy even got in with 5 carries with 73 yards (Nick Brosette). I know Missouri isn't the best team to measure success by, but when a defense holds a team who normally averages about 600 yards of offense to 265 yards and only one touchdown...then is pretty darn good. Passing wasn't the best but better than we have experiences in a while...Danny Etling was 19/30 on passing and 216 yards...no INTs. Final score was LSU 42 - Missouri 7. A nice outing for LSU and 1st game as Interim Head Coach, Ed Orgeron. Geaux Tigers!

Close, but no cigar. Dang, Clemson is nearly impossible to beat at home.

First time watching Louisville. Not a fan of either team. Would have been nice if Louisville had picked up the first down and Clemson was forced to defend the last 30 seconds for the victory. Great game. Hope both teams make it to final 4.

GO BIG RED!!

I'm a realist though, I don't drink the Koolaid.

While I feel we are much improved from last year, I feel we have a LOT of work to do before we are good again.

I suspect we will likely lose 2-3 games this year.

The Buckeyes held off a good Wisconsin team. The second road test of a very young team. (first being the victory in Norman OK) :)

Top Bottom