What's new

College Football

Louisville's QB destroys Syracuse. If he doesn't get hurt from all the running and acrobatics, he is gonna be fun to watch this year. Go Cards.

13 TDs in two games...pretty impressive. Real test is when they play Clemson and FSU though. Then well see how good he is.

Not that many good games to watch today. Ill be watching my Badgers vs Akron. Iowa vs Iowa St and may watch the Tenn vs VT game.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Not that many good games to watch today. Ill be watching my Badgers vs Akron. Iowa vs Iowa St and may watch the Tenn vs VT game.

I wish they would eliminate the Little Sisters of the Poor games, though I realize it isn't about sportsmanship but profits. If they started the season with conference games, they could have it over with before it's time for the holidays, play whatever playoffs in the stadiums where the teams with the best records play, and avoid having to move all that alumni tonnage to the sunshine bowls.

I did check the TV lineup in the paper this morning, there wasn't a single game worth turning on (let alone watching), unless you are a fan boy who can't figure out why your Sandcrabs can't play Radcliffe anymore ..

I did check the TV lineup in the paper this morning, there wasn't a single game worth turning on (let alone watching
Unfortunately I have to agree with that. After the outstanding match-ups last weekend this is a real letdown. I'll probably turn on the Oregon Ducks late tonight just to see what uniforms they're sporting and see if the hurry up offense is still working for them. Otherwise, a real ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :bored:

I wish they would eliminate the Little Sisters of the Poor games, though I realize it isn't about sportsmanship but profits. If they started the season with conference games, they could have it over with before it's time for the holidays, play whatever playoffs in the stadiums where the teams with the best records play, and avoid having to move all that alumni tonnage to the sunshine bowls.

This.

156,990 showed up for the Tennessee-Virginia Tech game. Largest attendance in FBS history.
Not your average crowd at a snooze-fest event

Houston got through a tough Cincinnati team last night. If they can stay healthy (a big if) they could end up in the hunt.

Much better games slated for this weekend than last.

Southern Miss embarassed Kentucky in a second half rout. How does UK go forward from here, after spending millions on facilities upgrades, and looking utterly incapable of playing a full game? Who pays for season tickets? How do you jettison a season 4 coach with a $12m buyout? Dark days in Lexington.

Just wait until basketball season..seems that's the order of the day up there

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, my Spartans will be fighting the Irish today.... Any idea why U of M quit playing Notre Dame? Maybe they're CHICKEN. Sorry, could not help poking my favorite in state rivals a little.

FarmerTan

I am inclined to believe it's got to do with money--and who gets the biggest pile of it.
Sadly, I believe you are right. But UM vs. Notre Dame is an old rivalry many are sad to see go. At least Sparty gets to play them. Funny thing, The Irish has always been my second favorite team behind MSU, so I never cared much who won. Now that Dantonio has MSU in contention every year, I find that my blood has been greener, lol.

Well, my Spartans will be fighting the Irish today.... Any idea why U of M quit playing Notre Dame? Maybe they're CHICKEN. Sorry, could not help poking my favorite in state rivals a little.

They wanted to shop around for different teams.

Right now they (U of M and ND) have decided not to play only for three years.

Dropping Michigan may have to do with ND sports moving to the ACC. Although Hockey and Football are exempted from the transition, the Football team must still play 5 ACC teams. With a a big chunk of the schedule already delegated to one conference, they have a smaller window to choose opponents.

I know they wanted to continue playing Navy, Stanford and USC (? on USC) so someone had to get cut so ND can shop around. Why the other teams over Michigan, I have no idea. I love football but I am more of an SEC guy.

I love football but I am more of an SEC guy.
Me, too. Specifically Johnny Reb. The good news for me is that they're playing in Oxford. The bad news is that they're playing the Tide. Plus, my other die hard team is Oregon. They are playing at the exact same time as Ole Miss. Obviously the networks didn't check with me before this scheduling atrocity. :mad3:

FarmerTan

They wanted to shop around for different teams.

Right now they (U of M and ND) have decided not to play only for three years.

Dropping Michigan may have to do with ND sports moving to the ACC. Although Hockey and Football are exempted from the transition, the Football team must still play 5 ACC teams. With a a big chunk of the schedule already delegated to one conference, they have a smaller window to choose opponents.

I know they wanted to continue playing Navy, Stanford and USC (? on USC) so someone had to get cut so ND can shop around. Why the other teams over Michigan, I have no idea. I love football but I am more of an SEC guy.
On a side note: it sure would have been nice to get ND in the B1G...... No fan of the SEC here, you guys own us, lol.

On a side note: it sure would have been nice to get ND in the B1G...... No fan of the SEC here, you guys own us, lol.
I lived for several years in Champaign/Urbana, and had season tickets to the Illinois games. The Big Ten has/had tried for a long time to get ND, even before the last big expansion. ND always balked because they were already a national brand, and were one of the few teams that were actually able to go it alone. I would imagine once the Big Ten Network came along ND would definitely not be interested. They don't need to share a pool of money with other schools. They make enough on their own.

Top Bottom