What's new

Tobacquisitions September 2016

I think I just scored my birth year Dunhill that I have been skulking around ebay hoping to find. Pics on arrival.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Picked up some McClelland tins and a bunch of Peter Stokkebye bulk tobacco. I also received a hobby block from P&C and a Peterson Shannon bulldog from Tobacco Pipes.
$IMG_20160911_001112.jpg

$IMG_20160910_233859725.jpg

-3 tins Nightcap
-1 tin Orlik Golden Sliced
-1oz Lane 1Q
-2 MM Danish stems (FAR nicer than the standard stem!)

I'll be ordering more OGS at some point. Packed a brand new MM Missouri Pride pipe with it...very nice mild smoke! That pipe is dedicated to OGS only...

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I believe so. Got the elephant on the stem...Tanganyika

Definitely African, made by the Tanganyika Meerschaum Company. They made pipes under several different brands. With the elephant logo on the stem and overall styling of the pipe it's most likely a Kiko (which, interestingly, is the Swahili word for "pipe").

I have one very similar to yours and it's a great smoker. Very nice pickup.

Definitely African, made by the Tanganyika Meerschaum Company. They made pipes under several different brands. With the elephant logo on the stem and overall styling of the pipe it's most likely a Kiko (which, interestingly, is the Swahili word for "pipe").

I have one very similar to yours and it's a great smoker. Very nice pickup.
Are these readily available?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Are these readily available?

Yes, and at decent prices too. I have a good dozen or so African meers, and most of them have run $15-$30, and some of those have been unsmoked. They take some searching on eBay though as they're often not labeled as "African" meers. I usually just browse the entire category of meerschaum pipes when I'm on the prowl. Takes about 20-30 minutes to scroll through the thousands of listings, but I always find some I wouldn't have found by search terms, and those are the ones that sail under the radar.

Yes, and at decent prices too. I have a good dozen or so African meers, and most of them have run $15-$30, and some of those have been unsmoked. They take some searching on eBay though as they're often not labeled as "African" meers. I usually just browse the entire category of meerschaum pipes when I'm on the prowl. Takes about 20-30 minutes to scroll through the thousands of listings, but I always find some I wouldn't have found by search terms, and those are the ones that sail under the radar.
The mail carrier dropped it off today. Question for you Hirsute, is it typical that they have screw in tenons? If so, ever have any issues develop?

Top Bottom