What's new

OCtober 2016

Once again, it is 01 September. While the SE folks are kicking off their month, and some of us may be among them, it is time for the OC folks to begin thinking of OCtober. This will be the 4th year for the OCtober thread, this year called OCtober 2016.

I know that this is a fun thread, but failed to realize how much some of you looked forward to it. This is apparent by the reactivation of the OCtober 2015 thread in the last few days. I have captured the folks who have signed up in the OCtober 2015 thread (see following post), but this is now the place to continue that activity.

Priory year threads are at the following links.

2015 Thread
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/466386-OCtober-2015[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

2014 Thread
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/419900-OCtober-2014?highlight=October+2014

2013 Thread
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/365093-Open-Comb-October/page35?highlight=OC+October

I will track the thread as I did last year. If you want to participate, say so in this thread. 30 days til kickoff.

Here are the folks I captured from the OCtober 2015 thread.

NameRazorFace ShavesHead ShavesType
01HDFXD
Brewster
cant think of a user name
Chrissolikesbeer
DrAwkward
KQY61
Mlee
Morman Bridge
muiriddin
nikonNUT
Penknight
Pepin
rokar
Rusty Shaver
Shutterbug57
skip
TobyC
troy
Useless shaver
vanhooglesnort

Last edited:
Above are the categories that we tracked last year. If there are other categories you want tracked this year, now is the time to discuss this.

Hi,

I am in with two OCs. A Fasan DoubleSlant and my Grandfather's Gillette Old Type Thin Cap. Just like last year. I had a Gem Micromatic SE OC but have committed that to the St. Sue Auction this year, so won't be using that one. :)

Stan

Did I miss last year?

My bad.
In for this year, perhaps not exclusively - straights or Feather AC ain't got no comb.

I'm in. Use an OC exclusively.

For an additional category, maybe blade & # of shaves on that blade?

Last edited:
I'm in, though I may throw in the occasional straight bar.

My OC lineup is below
-Fatip Grande
-NEW Deluxe 15mm
-NEW LC
-MMOC (if I have any blades left after SEptember)
-R41 (I know, technically a hybrid, not a true OC).

I'm in for SEptember.

I'm in for OCtober too.

My OCs (so far):
- Fatip Piccolo (2)
- Gillete OLD (3)
- Gillette NEW LC (2)
- Maggard V2OC
- RazoRock OLD
- MMOC (2)
- Valet Autostrop (2)

I will be using all of these at least once. I will also probably pick up a new OC (or two) during the month (because RAD doesn't need much of an excuse).

Hello all, I'm in again for the OCtober fun this year. Thanks [MENTION=67296]shutterbug[/MENTION], for administering to this thread, and for all your diligent work in the past. I'm definately looking forward to participating in the festivities! Have a great day all!

Assuming the R41 is acceptable again this year, I'm in!
I will throw and Old and NEW into the mix also.

Had fun with this last year - thanks!

I'm in. An OCtober is a great way to get my Open Combs into rotation. I have four: Gillette NEW Short Comb, NEW Long Comb, a Merkur 1904 Classic and a Parker 26C.

Count me in this year. I've been focusing on SE SB razors lately, it will be good to come back to OC razors for the month.

Top Bottom