What's new

OCtober 2016

I'm only a few months into wet shaving and have an R41. I understand that it technically isn't a true OC but if accepted, I'll play! I'd personally love a New LC but 3 razors for only being involved for 4 months, isn't to shabby. So how do we play??

Im in. SE OC allowed?
In years past...absolutely.

As well as obvious candidates like MMOC, razors that have open combs where the comb meets the face, are often considered honorary OC. 1912, 1924, 1914, Damaskeene, most lather catchers etc.
Need an official ruling from this year's organizers :)

Count me in the fun again too. Only this year I won't have to use the Goodwill every day. Added a "New" and I have a few "Old types" to use once I clean them up and do some handle repairs.

I'm only a few months into wet shaving and have an R41. I understand that it technically isn't a true OC but if accepted, I'll play! I'd personally love a New LC but 3 razors for only being involved for 4 months, isn't to shabby. So how do we play??

Take a look at prior year threads linked in the OP for the full color commentary. Basically, you post your daily shave noting at least the razor or razor & handle combo if you are going that route. Also, unless stated otherwise, all shaves are assumed to be face shaves only - some guys head shave and we track those as well if they are reported. Pics are a nice addition, but not required.

As I noted, take a look at the PY threads in the OP and you will quickly pickup on the way things go.

The R41 is fine. It has played with us in the past, no reason to throw it out this year.

Im in. SE OC allowed?

In years past...absolutely.

As well as obvious candidates like MMOC, razors that have open combs where the comb meets the face, are often considered honorary OC. 1912, 1924, 1914, Damaskeene, most lather catchers etc. Need an official ruling from this year's organizers :) ... of course this year's organizer is the same as last year's and the year before that and the year.... :)

Haggises nailed it.

For the folks who are new to this thread, there are no prizes associated with this thread, it is just for fun. Sure, the guy who gets the most shaves with the most different razors has bragging rights, but that is about it.

Last edited:
Oh so the SE razors can play as well... My lineup just got bigger... When I get my latest addition I will have to post some pictures...

I'm in. Is this old razor OK?

$Single_ring_2 (3).jpg

I love the idea of this. I have a NEW LC, Goodwill 164, and Leresche 51 (does the Eclipse Red Ring pseudo OC grooved safety bar count?). Alas, I am growing a yeard, maybe just going for 6 months, and the OC wouldn't be the most useful right now. I feel I will miss the opportunity to contribute in this year's OCtober challenge and will have to await next year's installment. Keep up the great work and I look forward to next year!

Top Bottom