What's new

Member Tutorial: Traveling with your Shave Gear and TSA Tips & Tricks

From our Island Studios our "Man in the Field"
KJ ( TheVez2 ) Shows Tips & Tricks
on Traveling with your Shave Gear

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily any travelling I do is in my car. I don't think I'd like the hassle of flying at all. If I was to travel far off, I think I'd most likely pack my razor and brush, then just spend the morning shopping wherever I am.

Thanks, KJ, for the tips. I'm traveling this weekend and decided to pack everything in checked baggage... which means way too much.. my shaving kit (just shaving not the toothpaste and brush and so on) weigh more than the dress shoes I packed.

Love the shirt.

I just returned from doing a great deal of flying. Since I like what I like, I take all of my gear with me. I simply don't try to pack it in my carry on (that is what folks get the most hassle over). I simply pack everything I want to take in my checked baggage. The Proraso that I use for my "uber lather" and my pre-shave oil I put in a ziplock bag to prevent ruining my clothing if they leak. I then pack this in my luggage between my clothes so that they have a chance of surviving the airport luggage treatment. I have not had any issues doing it this way.

I simply pack everything I want to take in my checked baggage.............
I have not had any issues doing it this way.

Exactly! That’s the easiest thing to do. But when folks travel light and don’t want to check a bag, creativity is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even when I'm travelling light, I check my bag. I have had way too many issues with the TSA guys to be comfortable. Just last month, they got all upset about an unopened carton of milk in a diaper bag (for my grandaughter). I would be super mad at them deciding to confiscate some of my shaving gear.

I'm surprised that the video showed a DE razor with a box of blades packed in the little box , without mentioning that TSA won't let blades through in carry-on luggage. Is this still the rule?

I'm surprised that the video showed a DE razor with a box of blades packed in the little box , without mentioning that TSA won't let blades through in carry-on luggage. Is this still the rule?

Of course it is. That would be fine for checked baggage but not carry-on. I just bring a Mach 3 with me when I carry-on my luggage which is most of the time for business travel. I don't want the hassle of dealing with the TSA confiscating my double edge razor. I also don't want to take the chance, even if it is small, that my bag will be lost while on a business trip. And I don't need the hassle of running around to go look for blades or take the time to send blades to myself at the hotel. A cart for 2 to 4 days, which is my typical business trip, is perfectly fine since I have all the fixings for excellent prep such as pre-shave oil, TOBS cream, a brush and bowl, etc.

I agree. If a trip is long (say 10 days or more), I might bring both a Sensor with a cartridge and a DE razor and put the blade in my checked bag. For a long trip, I would usually need checked bag anyway.

You must not have watched the whole video, because I did address that.

Top Bottom