What's new

September 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fall is almost here, the year nearing the three-quarter mark. But summer or fall the score is always there.

What waits to be found in the coming month in the lonely, out of the ways shops or from online market sites? What have you found?

Post those pics so we all can drool over them.

Just missed the August scores... Anyway, it has been quite a while since I have been wondering about trying a straight. Anyway, temptation raised to a level I could not resist anymore and on August 20th, I bought my very first straight...

Dovo 5/8 Stainless Steel

$160818-202906.jpg

The shop however warned me, if I am serious about shaving with a straight, one single straight will not be enough. So, on August 30th, I bought another one...

Aust 5/8 Stainless Steel

$160831-205135.jpg

So far so good, still on the learning curve and progressing rather well (and only minor cuts).

It has been really tough getting shave cream from Russia the past few years,Bulgaria and Poland have far surpassed them in output. Ran across a vendor recently on the bay who had a nice variety of creams I haven't seen in a long time.Fast shipping and sent really secure in a crush resistant sturdy box with each cream individually wrapped.I placed a double order for one of his sets,and with shipping the total was $33 , you can't beat that..Small quirk was that one of the Mileny is small ,one large,and at the moment I can't tell if the original ad was for 2 large or 2 small.No matter , still a great buy on great creams that have become scarce as of late...

Attachments

• $DSCN0583.jpg
    $DSCN0583.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 242
  • $DSCN0587.jpg
    $DSCN0587.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 242
  • $DSCN0588.jpg
    $DSCN0588.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 252
Had four packages in the mailbox today. One I will show later because it was a big time restore project that I am not sure how well I can get it. One was my winter crop seeds. The other two are here:

$delivery.jpg

Since I am expecting three more packages soon, I better hurry up and plant my winter crop since I probably won't have enough to buy food next month.

Okay, restore project went better than expected. Picture on eBay was worse than the condition and so lowballed my offer. Came out nice and just in time for SEptember.

before:

$DSC01143.jpg$DSC01144.jpg

after:

$DSC01148.jpg$DSC01150.jpg

Had four packages in the mailbox today. One I will show later because it was a big time restore project that I am not sure how well I can get it. One was my winter crop seeds. The other two are here:

View attachment 686689

Since I am expecting three more packages soon, I better hurry up and plant my winter crop since I probably won't have enough to buy food next month.

Congrats!

Two packages came today. Dead Sea Soap is so huge that I might have to will it to my cousin's boy (3rd grader) since it will probably out last me. One modern interpretation of a classic razor, and the other a clone of another classic razor.

$DSC01152.jpg

Found in local antique shop , 1980 Wilkinson promo pack , with British blades.The blister looks very tight , the blades should be fine.

Attachments

• $DSCN0660.jpg
    $DSCN0660.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 133
  • $DSCN0662.jpg
    $DSCN0662.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 131
  • $DSCN0663.jpg
    $DSCN0663.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 134
I have had some good luck this month.

This came today. Just polished it up and it cost as much as a favorite six pack and included shipping.
C4 Red Tip
proxy.php

proxy.php

The new love in my morning. So sweet.
I think it's a 1950 but I'm not quite sure.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Happy fall gentlemen.

Karl

Found in local antique shop , 1980 Wilkinson promo pack , with British blades.The blister looks very tight , the blades should be fine.

Longs Drugs as in Hawaii? That price sticker looks so familiar to me growing up. I think the HNO on the top might refer to Honolulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom