What's new

September 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longs Drugs as in Hawaii? That price sticker looks so familiar to me growing up. I think the HNO on the top might refer to Honolulu.

OK, time for me to get my Longs-geek on, lol.

The HNO on the sticker reflected the price a Longs employee would get to buy it for. The secret decoder ring was the word CHARLESTON and each letter was assigned a number:

C = 1
H = 2
A = 3
R = 4
L = 5
E = 6
S = 7
T = 8
O = 9
N = 0

So, the discounted employee purchase price for that item was $2.09. The letters varied by item.

Disclaimer, maybe the C was for zero. Hard to recall if the first letter was assigned 1 or zero, but the rest falls in place.

Thanks is for coming in and please shop again soon.

Post Person been busy the past week. First up are new additions for SEptember. ER 1914 (to go along with the ER 1912 I got earlier), and a Christy Razor which I inserted an injector blade. Will see how it goes tonight.

$DSC01183.jpg

Next up are two razors from a wood turner on Esty made of Hawaiian hardwoods. Dark one on the left is Milo and lighter one on the right is Curly Mango.

$DSC01182.jpg

This is where they ended up. Top is Curly Koa with a Wunderbar, Curly Koa with a Claymore, and Milo with an X3.

$DSC01185.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
VERY nice! My vote is to use it, of course. I'll be tackling mine when some of my smaller pucks are done.

Another month with no self-control.

Shave soaps

*Ginger's Garden Luna
*Fine Green Vetiver
*Pre de Provence 63

Aftershaves

*Ginger's Garden Luna
*Fine Green Vetiver*Thayer's Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera

Another month with no self-control.

Shave soaps

*Ginger's Garden Luna
*Fine Green Vetiver
*Pre de Provence 63

Aftershaves

*Ginger's Garden Luna
*Fine Green Vetiver*Thayer's Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera

Three fine soaps, two matching aftershaves and a WH! Excellent!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom