What's new

Hunting Season is upon us!

Sooooo.....
Dove season starts tomorrow in Texas.
30 more days to bow season and roughly 45 more days till general season opens....

Time to dust off the bow and get dialed back in!!!!! I've been shooting at least 20 arrows a day for the last 2 weeks. With my busted up shoulder and re-occurring tennis elbow; muscle memory is key!!

Ah, yes. Time to get the orange vest out.

$IMG_0498 - cropped and reduced.jpg

Yep getting to be that time. I'll probably get out the hunting rifle here soon and get 'er dialed in (or really..just verify it still is..and at always is :) ). Elk Hunting in October!

Yep getting to be that time. I'll probably get out the hunting rifle here soon and get 'er dialed in (or really..just verify it still is..and at always is :) ). Elk Hunting in October!

I recently read a feel-good story on one of the blogs about a Sherrif's department in Louisiana that was opening up their rifle range to the public for the weekend so that hunters could zero their scopes. 12 lanes of 100, 200, 300, and 400yds, no less. Now that's cool.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Our dove field was kinda slow this year. We killed 75-100 on the 1st, and 20-30 yesterday evening. One of the public fields here turned out over 900 on opening day....that's pretty impressive for a public shoot.

Trying to get ready in the middle of a move...gonna be an interesting year...Already missing my fishing trip:crying:

Squirrel season is in right now in my neck of the woods. Haven't been yet but I need to get out in the woods. I've heard it's good hunting this year.

I like a little Model 7 308 here in Virginia. It's being fed Hornady superformance. It's pretty flat.

The Knight Disc leans against the wall next to the safe. It's next. After years of Goex and a greased up, sized lead bullet, I switched to 150 grain pellets and a sabot round to save the last of those good bullets. It shoots a lot flatter now and I'm tickled.
proxy.php

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
In-line BP? :thumbup1: Instead of .490s out of the .50, I also really like using the sabots- and the same .452s I cast myself for .45 Colt/.45 Auto. Out of the in-line, think they are coasting at 1,800 fps ... just a hammer. Wish I could get speed that from .45 pistols!

Hm, wonder if that's legal on house-eaters ... squirrels, that is.

AA

My ole favorite load was 85 grains of Goex under a 370 grain sized bullet. Very accurate and a real turkey getter too.

But with the new to me sabot round and I'm shooting 200 yards.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Tennessee archery season opened yesterday. It's been insanely hot here, but I went out yesterday afternoon. Had 3 doe's and a small buck come to 20 yards but I did not take a shot. I'm a traditional bow hunter, and this year I'm trying to kill a deer with a stone point I found on the farm last spring. I'm looking for a quartering away shot, 10 yards or less. Might take a while...

Top Bottom