What's new

Teaser! A day fishing with a B&B Moderator in the UK.

Auction teaser for a Fishing Trip With a B&B Moderator!

This will let you or someone you know have guided fishing day on a nice complex of lakes in Essex, UK, with one of the B&B Moderators, WarrenB!

$25lb_01.JPG

Ideally suited to someone that has never been fishing before, no previous fishing experience necessary and all the fishing equipment, chairs, bait, licence etc will be provided on the day, so all you have to do is turn up!!

The place I have chosen is called Puddledock Farm Fishery, it's a great place for beginners and experienced anglers alike, it's a family friendly place and there is a nice cafe on the site and good facilities for toilet breaks.
Although we won't be targeting fish the size of the 25lb carp I caught in the picture as the chances of catching even one fish are greatly reduced, we should still catch fish around 3-6lb and maybe nudging 10lb, a 5lb carp will put up a good scrap and will be more than enough for a beginner to deal with!

I have decided to keep it to a place I know well, as this will give us a good chance of catching a few fish, there are a lot of species in the lakes, so you could get fish of a few ounces or carp up to 10lb! We can target specific species on the day depending on the weather and the guests request, so there will be a great chance to catch a few fish, although I can't guarantee what we will catch!

Ideally suited to one person as I will be able to guide them one on one, obviously if it's a child taking part then an adult will need to stay for the duration of the trip.
I will not be fishing myself on the day so I can give the guest my undivided attention and the day can be as long or short as the guest finds appropriate. The date and time are flexible and can be discussed when the winner is ready to go.

So if you, a family member or friend would like to try a day fishing then get ready to place a bid when the Auction goes live!

I wanted to get this out early to gauge interest as the location might limit this to just a few members.

Last edited:
Auction teaser for a Fishing Trip With a B&B Moderator!

This will let you or someone you know have guided fishing day on a nice complex of lakes in Essex, UK, with one of the B&B Moderators, WarrenB!

View attachment 685054

Ideally suited to someone that has never been fishing before, no previous fishing experience necessary and all the fishing equipment, chairs, bait, licence etc will be provided on the day, so all you have to do is turn up!!

The place I have chosen is called Puddledock Farm Fishery, it's a great place for beginners and experienced anglers alike, it's a family friendly place and there is a nice cafe on the site and good facilities for toilet breaks.
Although we won't be targeting fish the size of the 25lb carp I caught in the picture as the chances of catching even one fish are greatly reduced, we should still catch fish around 3-6lb and maybe nudging 10lb, a 5lb carp will put up a good scrap and will be more than enough for a beginner to deal with!

I have decided to keep it to a place I know well, as this will give us a good chance of catching a few fish, there are a lot of species in the lakes, so you could get fish of a few ounces or carp up to 10lb! We can target specific species on the day depending on the weather and the guests request, so there will be a great chance to catch a few fish, although I can't guarantee what we will catch!

Ideally suited to one person as I will be able to guide them one on one, obviously if it's a child taking part then an adult will need to stay for the duration of the trip.
I will not be fishing myself on the day so I can give the guest my undivided attention and the day can be as long or short as the guest finds appropriate. The date and time are flexible and can be discussed when the winner is ready to go.

So if you are a family member would like to try a day fishing then get ready to place a bid when the Auction goes live!

I wanted to get this out early to gauge interest as the location might limit this to just a few members.

Way Cool! Is airfare included?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
We're pretty sure that WarrenB is the one in the hat.

Let's not jump to conclusions here.

This sounds like a much better idea than last year's fishing trip in New Jersey, where some members seemed to be put off by the request that they supply their own cement shoes.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This sounds like a much better idea than last year's fishing trip in New Jersey, where some members seemed to be put off by the request that they supply their own cement shoes.

Mind you ... having a skill-testing question to decide the winners was a good idea.

(The question? "Explain which is best for honing a straight razor: coticules, jNat, or lapping film." The ten longest answers won.)

Were you showing off Weequahic Lake again?

Woah!! Someone will be in for the trip of a lifetime! That WarrenB is a class-act! And the guy in the hat ain't too bad either!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

Translation for Warren . . . he is talking about concrete galoshes. Probably a Star Trek reference.

Nice auction item Warren. :a14:

Warren is too modest.
He is a very acomplished fisher one could even say gifted. Thanks for the generous donation.

Top Bottom