What's new

Local Gent

Trying to get some background and info on the Local Gent line. Scent profiles faint or strong, best method to achieve a great lather, things of that nature. They have some profiles that sound interesting but want to get some opinions first. Tyia!

I personally haven't used it but I know that they are in the Soap Sample Passaround box. So if you look in that thread and do a quick search you might find some reviews.

There scents are pretty good there bayrum scent is the best to me. Slickness to me does not seem to be there but I have not tried there refirmalated soap

I have a sample of Local Gent Lime Street and the scent is nice fresh lime. Not overly strong, but perfect IMO. The small sample puck makes a great lather and its a decent soap. I have the tallow version BTW.

The great thing about Local Gent besides the scents and performance is that they offer both tallow and vegan formulas. Not many artisans do that. I don't bloom all soaps but Local Gent soaps tend to be dense and your lather will benefit from a few minutes blooming.

Love their stuff! Rob is really creative with his scents and the shave is great, I do recommend blooming the soap as it greatly improves the experience. Their bath soap is hella nice as well.

Bump. This line hasn't gotten much attention here lately...I suspect it's gotten caught up in the numbers. In fact, has the company shut down?

I was deciding what to use this morning and came upon an old sample of California Barber that I got at least a year ago, maybe two.

It had dried out from what I recall using it last, but wasn't unduly hard.

I bowl-lathered it and things were just fine. I still picked up some of the scent too.

The sample jar has probably two more shaves in it.

Last edited:
Yeah Local Gent was a good artisan. Brushes, soaps, A/S and balms all top notch. Still have a few tubs in the den (Fields & Streams, Anubis, Kona Kolida, puck of Tobacco Lounge, sample of Lime St). Their balms are one of my favorites and they came in a cool blue glass bottle with a quality pumper. Thankfully the soaps seem to last forever so plenty of LG shaves left.

Top Bottom