What's new

September's Challenge "Lonely Street"

Alright, I was going to make this hard, but we'll just keep it at 'challenging'. Most of you will know I love black and white, so that's where we'll start. I'll call this month's challenge "Lonely Street". Basically, you're typical street photography, of course in black and white, but your shot can only contain one single person. I love the beauty in simplicity, and sometimes grabbing the simplest of pictures can be the hardest thing to do. Try not to grab a friend and pose them somewhere interesting. Capture that one person that catches your eye because their doing nothing interesting at all in a neat back drop. A guy loading a truck, a girl at the bus stop, limitless possibilities out there. Good luck, have fun, lookin' forward to seeing all the great shots!

Recap:
Street scene, Black and White, Single Person in photo.

I'll kick it off with an example photo I grabbed a couple days ago.

And as you all should know:

• Winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
  • You must be the photographer
  • One entry per month.
  • Try and make the image a recent one
  • Competition runs 1st to 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.

Hmm, I will be well out of my comfort zone here, but I will give it a shot - it's just the human part of it :wink:

Honestly, I was WAY out of my comfort zone doing this stuff, but once you learn to make small conversations with anyone interesting, or sit in the right spot patiently for awhile whilst looking like you're not taking a photo, it's very enjoyable. I even stopped with a girl the other night and tried my hand at 'posing' her!

Great subject. I'll be on the bike riding around Pittsburgh on Saturday. Will have to keep an eye out for photo opportunities for this. I tend to focus on the rivers when I'm down there rather than the city. We plan to ride through the city rather than along the river trails since we're planning to hit a few bike shops.

I have dozens of pics that are perfect.. exept i never shoot that sort fo pic with people in it. I've waited 20 minutes for the street to clear

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I would think 'street photography' leaves it open pretty much to anything outdoors.ish.

Cool, well I was on the street.

Taken today when looking for a different shot. Loner in a boat.
I think he looking at me. :001_smile

$DSC_0004_01.jpg

Top Bottom