Where do you live?
Prescott Valley, Arizona
What is your age (or) generation?
What are you in the real world?
Very Retired!
What is your favorite shave setup?
1948 Aristocrat, Wilkinson Sword & Gillette Platinum Plus Blades
Omega 6214 Silvertip brush
St James Of London Sandalwood & TT&H Trafalgar (so far)
Captain's Choice: Shave Bowl, Bay Rum Balm & AS
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Drumming (now for fun only), golf, duplicate bridge, and DE shaving of course
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Played drums with a Rockabilly band, "Bobby Brown & Curios" for 3 years (you can find some of our stuff on iTunes); did 4 years in the USAF Band. Computer career until I retired in 2006.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Welcome, Michael, to B&B and the Hall of Fame! A bridge player and, most likely, a fellow mainframer!

Welcome, Michael, to B&B and the Hall of Fame! A bridge player and, most likely, a fellow mainframer!
Yup, Rockviper.
Started out on a 1401 using Autocoder. Moved up through the IBM line from the 4300's ending up on large 3090's.
Programmed a few oddballs as well (3390, 8100, Mohawk)
Primary languages were, Assembler and Cobol.) As systems programmer I've installed VSE, VM, and MVS as well as their subsystems. Loved the tech end, HATED project management. Last gig was supporting SAP as a PM and developing a company wide training system using Access and Visual Basic for my company, a large utility in NJ. After all that crap, I WAS DONE and retired. Too much of a "brain drain" that sent me to a shrink for the next 7 years. Got burnt out with the stress and anxiety.

Mikey

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
[MENTION=111540]meliahog[/MENTION] , You've got a chunk of years on me. I only go back to the 3340s and 4248s in Operations. Thankfully, punch cards were on their way out when I was on my way in.

Top Bottom