What's new

I'm looking for a new shaving brush

hello: I'm looking for a new shaving brush, It is important that she not be particularly large 21-24 mm Knot Maximum...
Does not really matter to me if a shaving brush will synthetic or Boar or Badger Fibers.
My price range is up 30$.
I am currently using a shaving brush Omega 10066 and i dont like it she is long for me, and It eats me the Cream\Shaving Soap...
I saw some shaving brushes that can fit me (you are welcome to recommend): semogue 830\610\620, RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic, RazoRock Plissoft IVORY 22 Synthetic, RazoRock BARBER HANDLE Plissoft Synthetic.

Thank you !
:001_smile

The Tuxedo Synthetic is my current favorite brush from AP Shave Co. His store only carries the knots right now but you can purchase a whipped dog handle separately to pair it with.
proxy.php

The Tuxedo Synthetic is my current favorite brush from AP Shave Co. His store only carries the knots right now but you can purchase a whipped dog handle separately to pair it with.
proxy.php
I am glade to see a good review on that knot I was a little concern cause I order it for a new brush handle I had made.

I went from dislike to enthused acceptance of synthetics when the RazoRock Plissofts came down to the $10 price point. It makes a lot of sense now to use those and skip the animal hairs - not for hug-the-earth reasons, but for very practical ones completely unrelated to any feeling or indifference toward animal products.
The Plissofts to not shed a single bristle, not even after months of use. They whip-up a peaky and even-consistency lather. They dry fast. They are soft to the touch and gentle on the face. $10 - $12 buys a 24mm to 26mm knot. With Italian Barber being the seller of RazoRock, you get all that while you support a B&B vendor.

Other than size requirements, I know you're sounding nonchalantly indifferent about what brush you get. If you intend to stick with wetshaving, you may as well own at least one classic in your arsenal. You can get a Simpson Pure Badger delivered from West Coast Shave for well under $30. It sports a 19-20mm knot and a relatively short loft of 40mm. This brush is not floppy. It has a relatively long ergonomic handle for ease in bowl lathering and the loft lets you apply cream with a little more accuracy. If you don't like it you can always move it on the B/S/T. I've got some nice brushes, but I use a Special often and I do recommend it. It might be inexpensive, but it's definitely not cheap.

The Semogue 1438 gives hassle-free lathering. The knot is 21/22mm. It's got a ivory, red and black painted wood handle. It blooms pretty wide when dry. I don't think has a lot of backbone compared to my Simpson, but it works great with soaps. It's very soft when broken in. My handle has a tiny paint crack. But it hasn't gotten worse and hasn't flaked off.

I see the Omega 10066 has a 56mm loft. If that is too long for you, you may want to look for something in the 50mm range. I face lather and 56mm would be too big for me personally. Some folks swear by longer lofted brushes for lathering so YMMV. I find something in the 46mm to 50mm loft gives me the control I like. Good luck in your search.:001_smile

Given your budget, I suggest boar such as the ones recommended above.

My preference is badger, but generally not pure as that tends to be too scritchy. The better badger brushes are more costly. Just my $0.02!

I see the Omega 10066 has a 56mm loft. If that is too long for you, you may want to look for something in the 50mm range. I face lather and 56mm would be too big for me personally. Some folks swear by longer lofted brushes for lathering so YMMV. I find something in the 46mm to 50mm loft gives me the control I like. Good luck in your search.:001_smile

I do not know what the differences between the knot and loft
The knot is the tall of the hair or, the width of the hair?
TNX ...

Loft is how tall the brush is above the top of the handle. When talking about knots it's the diameter of the knot at the base. Example is a 21mm knot with a 50 mm loft. 21mm knot diameter with a loft (height) of 50mm above the top of the handle. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom