What's new

Wow fellas, I'm on a roll here

Another smooth, close, comfortable shave, third one in a row. No nicks, no cuts, almost no irritation. And this morning's shave was with my Merkur 34c, Proraso Green, Old Spice aftershave, and a new, fresh, super sharp Feather blade. My technique has come full circle, at least with the Merkur 34c. Whoever it was who told me about blade buffing on my thread from the other day, thank you. It actually takes some skill, some touch, some finesse to shave with a double edge razor. It's not like applying your favorite canned gel, putting your latest 5 blade cartridge to face, and doing one pass against the grain. This is old-fashioned wet shaving, you actually have to learn how to do it. But it sure makes you feel pretty good when you do. Gentle touch on the final pass. And I shave against the grain. Thank you for the marvelous advice so far guys. That's why I love this forum. Once you can get a smooth comfortable shave with the sharpest blades like the Feathers, it's pretty cool. The best a man can get. :thumbup1:

Another smooth, close, comfortable shave, third one in a row. No nicks, no cuts, almost no irritation. And this morning's shave was with my Merkur 34c, Proraso Green, Old Spice aftershave, and a new, fresh, super sharp Feather blade. My technique has come full circle, at least with the Merkur 34c. Whoever it was who told me about blade buffing on my thread from the other day, thank you. It actually takes some skill, some touch, some finesse to shave with a double edge razor. It's not like applying your favorite canned gel, putting your latest 5 blade cartridge to face, and doing one pass against the grain. This is old-fashioned wet shaving, you actually have to learn how to do it. But it sure makes you feel pretty good when you do. Gentle touch on the final pass. And I shave against the grain. Thank you for the marvelous advice so far guys. That's why I love this forum. Once you can get a smooth comfortable shave with the sharpest blades like the Feathers, it's pretty cool. The best a man can get. :thumbup1:
You're a bonafide ACE Shaver

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...e-a-perfect-no-issue-shave-to-post?highlight=

Good work
I agree - the skill involved is half the fun of DE shaving
For me, the other half is feeling the razor and the blade doing it's work............
I used to look for the smoothest razors to shave with and for me it was the Baili BD17
It was so smooth it was impossible to notice that there was a blade in it while shaving - but the shave was as near to BBS as I can get without scraping my neck red raw.
I sold the razor recently - efficient as it was, there was very little skill required to shave with it, which took all the fun out of it

The other half of the fun of DE shaving is knowing that you're in the process having a great shave

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
See if you can go nick free with a belly full of Xarelto, as I've been doing every day.

Nice! The near perfect ones always make up for the less than great ones! I do not, however advocate Ouch's Xarelto advice...

Top Bottom