What's new

Butter Frying ?

The other day I made fried pork chops .. But instead of using oil I tried using a butter .. They came out beautiful and very tasty . Has anyone tried this??

I've done this from time to time. Sure does give a nice taste. Not sure its the healthiest so I keep it to every now and again.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Frying in butter works just fine, as long as you don't burn it. Of course, you can make up a little clarified butter and just go to town. You also can add a little oil to the butter, and that will help prevent burning--your choice as to the oil.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Sure thing. I'm probably doing a pan sauce anyway . . . maple for pork chops. If I'm frying mushrooms it will be butter for certain. When I was a kid one of the best places for fries was a six seat lunch counter in the back of a local drug store. This guy would always put a couple of pounds of butter into his fry oil.

I prefer butter to pretty much every other cooking fat except duck fat. Butter actually isn't as unhealthy as you were originally led to believe in the "fat is bad" era. Actually, there is research taht shows all of the "good" refined vegetables oils, canola oils etc are far worse for you than butter.

I prefer bacon with my butter.

Remember the old conundrum from your basic econ class of guns vs. butter?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I prefer butter to pretty much every other cooking fat except duck fat. Butter actually isn't as unhealthy as you were originally led to believe in the "fat is bad" era. Actually, there is research taht shows all of the "good" refined vegetables oils, canola oils etc are far worse for you than butter.

+1 I have virtually eliminated all refined oils from my diet. My go to's are butter, olive oil, bacon grease and virgin coconut oil. I'll use flax oil in my salads and shakes.

If I'm not throwing my pork chops over charcoal, they go in a cast iron skillet with butter and onions. I also love to cook eggs in cast iron with butter.

Top Bottom