What's new

Pocket Notebook ?

I have been using a cheap mini composition for my daily notes .. But they are cheap and are poor quality and looking to upgrade to better grade that will hold up over the years.. So I am open for suggestions and do any of you guys carry one and what is it ??

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I use a Rhodia A7 (7.5 X 12 cm) -- great paper and they can take a beating. I like the graph.

Legion

Staff member
I have a couple of Moleskine Cahire books which I made leather covers for. They are handy because they have a pocket for storing things, and half the pages are perforated to tear out easily.

proxy.php

I have a couple of Moleskine Cahire books which I made leather covers for. They are handy because they have a pocket for storing things, and half the pages are perforated to tear out easily.

proxy.php

David, did you personally make the covers?

I carry a Rhodia #11 (about 2.9 x 4.1 inches) in a back pocket, inside a vinyl cover that Rhodia makes for this specific size. The only drawback is that the tops of the pages are perforated. I never tear a page out of one of my notebooks intentionally; I carry some loose small index cards in my wallet if I need to hand someone a note. Every now and then, a page can come out of the notebook without me meaning it to. But the cover has a little pocket, and I can fold up the loose page and put it in there. Doesn't happen that often, and otherwise the notebook is ideal when it's not convenient to carry something bigger. Good fountain pen friendly paper.

Legion

Staff member
Ok. This is one that has had a lot of pocket wear. It is just a leather cover, cut to size and creased in the middle. The edges were chamfered. There is a cord looped inside which allows replacement books to be easily slipped into the cover as they get used up. Pretty basic, but it stops them falling apart. The leather is the same type that they make Australian footballs out of, so it is tough and gets a nice patina.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not to hijack, but I've got a couple of David's strops (the buffaroo & the travel roo), and they are exceptional. :thumbup:

Ok. This is one that has had a lot of pocket wear. It is just a leather cover, cut to size and creased in the middle. The edges were chamfered. There is a cord looped inside which allows replacement books to be easily slipped into the cover as they get used up. Pretty basic, but it stops them falling apart. The leather is the same type that they make Australian footballs out of, so it is tough and gets a nice patina.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
You can make a killing selling these at premium.

Well Thank you very much for such great suggestions.
My wife got me a Moleskin Hardcover pocket notebook and a Chrome Fisher Space as a belated birthday present...

[MENTION=19423]Legion[/MENTION]
That is very beautiful and well made. Thank you very much for sharing ypur skills with us ..

For shirt pocket use, I use the Apica CD5N. The paper is good, they are inexpensive (got mine from Goulet, current is #3, less than $2 each) size is 72 x 102 mm or about A7.

Well Thank you very much for such great suggestions.
My wife got me a Moleskin Hardcover pocket notebook and a Chrome Fisher Space as a belated birthday present...

@Legion
That is very beautiful and well made. Thank you very much for sharing ypur skills with us ..
One of my fave pens. .the Fisher space pen

Top Bottom